Chapter 6

Barry's POV

"So do you remember Friday? You said something to Caitlin... it was during science class." Patty seemed like she was trying to make a point, but I couldn't remember saying anything.

I push my lips up and shake my head. "Nope"

"It was adorable, so it's sad you don't remember." She nodded her head enthusiastically before taking a bite of her slice of pizza.

"Just refresh my memory." I take my hat off and look into her eyes while smiling.

She cleared her throat. Swallowed. "Okay, I'm not the best actress."

I shrug with a smirk. "Can't be that bad," I mutter quietly. I said it quickly so Patty could continue speaking with ease.

"But you seemed to be all over her." I widen my eyes in confusion at her. She shook her head quickly and embarrassingly smiled. "No, no. That's not what I meant! Okay, let me- let me start over." I nod while smiling. This was honestly hilarious. But Patty was trying to help me, and I appreciate that. "Caitlin... wow... you're like," she made these hilarious faces that I could only describe as 'jackass'. I tried to hold back a laugh. I had to look her in her eyes (which is hard enough to do) to keep from laughing. "... hot." She added a subtle hair flip.

I couldn't close my mouth. I pointed to her and shook my head. Now I could laugh and it came without me forcing it. "Now that- that was offensive." I knitted my eyebrows as I got a little serious. "Do I really sound like that?"

Patty started to laugh too. "No! Aha, no. You don't. You know you don't." Her eyes gleamed and her teeth shone. The light hit her face perfectly.

I didn't know what to do next. This has never happened to me before. I couldn't stop myself from leaning in, and it was exciting to see that she was too. Then-

DOo doo do do

We froze in place.

"That's my phone..."

Patty's face fell. "Yeah, go for it."

That's weird

That's weird. Caitlin is following me now?

First it's science projects, then it's Twitter. When will this stop? I'm joking, this is great. I never get attention like this. Well except from my dad. He really doesn't count because he's my dad.

"I hear the Twitter sound. What is it? And why do you get more notifications than me?"

I laugh at Patty. "Speak of the SheAngel-" I began.

"Wait what? What'd you just say?" She laughed a bit.

"What?" I ask. I'm clearly confused.

"SheAngel?"

"Yeah well, I didn't want to be rude and call her a Shedevil..."

She smiles at me. There's that perfect smile again. "Barry Allen you are so adorable."

I'm pretty sure that puts me in the friendzone.

"So it's about Snow?"

"Caitlin, yeah," I answer distractedly. "She just followed me."

"Are you following her?" She asked seriously. Not sure why she's so serious about this but she is.

"Well, no."

Patty nods her head. "Ah, I think I know what's going on. She wants more followers. Follow her back and she'll just unfollow you." Patty laughed a bit.

"Seriously?" I ask and my voice gets higher.

She quietly giggled. "I mean, I don't know. It's a possibility."

I smile at her words. Well not her words. But her.

"And with that, we're out of pizza."

"Dang it! It was cheese, too."

"Talking about pizza," She began, sliding closer to me at the island. "Pineapple," her voice was quiet, yet deep. It kind of scared me. "...or no pineapple?" My saliva got stuck in my throat. What? I wasn't expecting that.

"Definitely Pineapple. Hawaiian pizza is my favorite," I answer truthfully. I know this is still an ongoing conflict but it's fun to debate about.

"Pineapple pizza is an abomination!" She yelled while laughing.

"Next time we do this, I'm ordering Pineapple." I say with a full smile. I stared at her as I said this, leaning over to her side of the counter.

"Next time?" She said with her head tilted to the side.

I hadn't even realized I said that. "Oh no, I didn't mean it like that-" yeah I did.

All of a sudden, her phone chimed. "It's my mom."

Saved by the bell. Well, chime.

"Ive gotta go. Something just came up with my dad's case!"

Her dad's case? What case? The whole mood in the kitchen changed. It was a lot more serious, but a hint of sadness found its way in.

I wondered what she meant, but I never got an answer because she was already out of my house. Without all the talking Forensic Files was a lot louder. I decided not to keep watching it and just keep it saved in the Recordings. Just in case we actually would have a next time.

AN: YES! I'm aware that this was all Spallen which is indeed not what you came here from... but I couldn't help myself! All the ideas just came to me.
And if I'm being completely honest, I'd love to see Spallen happen in the Flash if it was pitted against Snowbarry. DON'T KILL ME!!😱 But Snowbarry will rise in the book... at some point. You'll see.

Big thanks to ArpitJha3 for inspiring me to continue this. Well they literally said I should update, and I have! Yay! So thanks!!

The original image I made years ago 🤮