Kabanata 14

I would love to read your comments below! Enjoyyy💙

xxx

Kabanata 14

Trust takes years to make and seconds to break.

"Polaris!" A baritone voice and a grip from my arm stopped me from walking.

Wala sa sariling napatingin ako sa likuran at kaagad na binalot ang katawan ko ng takot nang makita 'yung lalaking may itim na mga mata, that man Cheska is with.

"W-Who are you?" I asked him, trying to be strong but miserably failing.

"It's Claude, Lars." He moved closer. "You remember me, right?"

"No," I looked away. "Mauuna na ako." But he stopped me again and spoke.

"Lars, I won't hurt you!" Aniya at hinanap ang mata ko. "I...I just want to tell you everything."

"About?"

"Caspian is just fooling you, Lars." He sighed and looked at me with sincerity. "He was only playinv with you. Nakita mo ba s'ya sa loob? He's a hotelier but pretending to be somebody he isn't to fool you!"

"I know," Mariing sabi ko. Napupuno ng bigat ang puso. "I know what he is."

"H-He's fooling you, right?" He asked me. "Cheska was his ex and he still loves her. Gusto n'yang bumalik sa kanya si Cheska so he was pursuing you."

"What for? Bakit pa s'ya magpapanggap ng ganon just to get her?"

"Dahil ikaw ang kaiinggitan ni Cheska!" He said. "He only wants to play with you. Pag nagkabalikan na sila ay iiwan ka rin n'ya!"

I nodded, almost tasting the bitter pain on my lips. Ang bigat sa puso ko ay hindi ko maipaliwanag, tila masikip at mahapdi.

"B-Bumalik ka nalang sa akin, Lars." He pleaded, napatalon ako nang hawakan n'ya ang dalawang kamay ko at dinala sa labi n'ya.

He placed a soft kiss on my hands, nahila ko iyon sa gulat pero mas humigpit ang hawak n'ya.

"Hindi kita sasaktan, Polaris. I promise...I promise to be a better man for you, just please...sa akin ka nalang ulit."

"I-I don't know you," I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I can't."

"At saan ka? Doon kay Caspian? He wasn't true! Isa lang s'yang ilusyon, Polaris! He will just leave you again!" He said desperately.

"W-What do you mean?" Kumalabog ang puso ko.

"He left you in the past to be with Cheska! Niloloko ka lang ulit n'ya ngayon dahil wala kang maalala!"

Hindi ako nakapagsalita. I pulled my hand from him. Kumuyom ang kamay ko at napailing, kagat ang labi.

"P-Please, leave..." I whispered.

"Lars, listen. Listen to me, that man won't do you any good--"

"Leave me!" I exclaimed.

Napalunok s'ya at hinanap ang mga mata ko.

"I-I was you boyfriend back then, Lars... You...You were just taken away from me." Aniya.

Nagulat ako roon, napaatras at napatitig sa mga mata n'ya. Is he...Is he the man in my dreams? The one with black eyes?

"M-My baby, you know what happen?" Bulong ko sa hangin.

"B-Baby? You were pregnant?" Tila gulat na nasabi n'ya.

Hindi ako umimik. I clutched my jaw and looked away from him.

I don't know what to do! If he was the man in my dreams, is it possible for him to be the father of my child?