17. Vanish

Blood

My eyes widened as the red, warm liquid ran down my face. I strained my eyes to the point that started to burn just to see what was actually happening.

Even with my supervision, I could only see Michael as a blurry figure. I watched as he broke a arm, ran to the next guy and threw him across the room and punched through the third. He continued to dismember the guards and once he was done, he returned to me without a splatter of blood on me.

I thought I would stand and stare like last time. Or just be shocked but instead I lunged at him.

He blocked my blow but he misinterpreted the power as he started sliding back. A growl erupted from within me as Manhattan and Moon pressed to the surface.

Michael threw my arm to the side and made a grab for my neck. Faster than he expected, I diverted his outstretched hand and instead grabbed his throat.

His eyes widened and silence fell. He hadn't expected me to have this much power and neither did my people as their weight of their stares could be felt. Tension hung in the air but it could be felt. This was the end...

Then he chuckled. "You can control the moon quite well for a first time but I've been controlling a god a lot longer than you."

Then he simply vanished from my grip and appeared across the room, unscathed. He calmly shrugged his jacket off and returned his focus on me.

His eyes were flickering between black to blue. Fenris.

He took a stance. "Let see what you can do, my goddess."

And once again, he vanished.  I whipped around trying to find him or at least a flicker of him but nothing.

Then just before he appeared, Moon yelled Behind you!

I whipped and just blocked Michael's blow but I was not fast enough. I had blocked the blow but had not accounted for the speed and power behind it. Safe to say, I still went flying.

Midair, Moon took control and shifted. I landed on all fours as Moon howled. She was a magnificent beast, being all the colors of all her wolves. Taller, stronger and more agile.

Power radiated off her as she roared and charged at a human Michael. He didn't seem particularly concerned with the fact that the creator of werewolves was charging him.

Mid-stride she pounced, crossing the rest of the distance directly above of Michael. The plan was simply, to jump on Michael and incapacitate him but the plan soon disintegrated as Michael swung hard. Once again, we were thrown across the room and landed with thud against the wall.

Soldiers ran to cover their queen but Michael was faster. Moon struggled to get control of her new form and wouldn't let me help. Michael appeared by us and grabbed Moon's tail. He yanked and threw us with inhumane strength out of the grand hall.

One

Two

Three bounces later, we finally landed in a broken heap. Moon sunk back in shame and allowed me to shift back. I could hear soldiers rushing and then crying as Michael went through them.

I tried getting up but my head rolled. More cries reverberated through the night as I tried crawling my way back to the fight.

Suddenly, my head was yanked up by my hair. I was met with flickering eyes, Michael's. On his face was no expression at all but I could sense that he was amused.

"A futile attempt to get ahead, Moon."  Fenris spoke through Michael. "I've waited millenia for my revenge. I've spent twenty one years preparing, training with Michael. I'm afraid your too late, Moon."

He let go of my hair, dropping my head and began walking away. Yet somehow I could still hear his words, both Michael's and Fenris'.

"Your too late, my dears. The battle will begin soon and you've just lost a third of your army. These walls won't protect you. These minions won't protect you. The age of the Alphas is about to end."