Persona 5 AU Part 1: The Story you've heard before

One thing I need to get out the way is that the story from Kamoshida's Palace to Kaneshiro's Palace is pretty much the exact same as it is in the original game. Regardless, I'm going to recap, and cover any minor changes in the plot. This summary is copied from the game itself

In his hometown, the protagonist, lets call him Ren Amamiya (after his anime name), is found guilty of a crime he didn't commit and receives a criminal record

In his hometown, the protagonist, lets call him Ren Amamiya (after his anime name), is found guilty of a crime he didn't commit and receives a criminal record. He is sent to Tokyo to serve out his probation under the care of Sojiro Sakura, a distant acquaintance of his parents. There, he starts life anew living in the attic of Sojiro's café, Leblanc. That first night, Ren meets a man named Igor in his dreams, and learns he must rebel against a fate of ruin. He also meets mysterious twin wardens, Caroline and Justine, who instruct him to seek rehabilitation. His first morning at Shujin Academy, Ren meets Ryuji Sakamoto. The two wander into a strange castle where a self-declared king almost kills them. Luckily, Ren's Persona, Arsene, awakens and with the help of Morgana, a mysterious cat-like creature, and his own Persona, Zorro, all three manage to escape the castle. At Shujin, rumours circulate that volleyball coach Suguru Kamoshida is having a romantic affair with student Ann Takamaki. However, his past success leads teachers to turn a blind eye. After finding themselves in a strange castle, Ryuji and Ren are threatened by a king who looks mysteriously like Kamoshida. They later learn from Morgana that this is his Shadow, or true self. Within Kamoshida's Palace, where the dark thoughts of distorted minds are brought to life, Ryuji's suspicions regarding Kamoshida's abuse and sexual harassment are confirmed. Once a star runner on the track team, Ryuji experienced Kamoshida's cruelty first-hand and wants to use what he saw in the Palace to expose Kamoshida and is able to awaken his Persona, Captain Kidd, as they escape for a second time...but tragedy strikes. Unable to cope with Kamoshida's sexual harassment, Shiho Suzui (Remember her, she'll be important) - Ann's best friend – Leaps from the school roof hoping to end it all. Fortunately, she survives, and Ann decides that enough is enough. She enters the palace and after being captured, awakens her Persona, Carmen. Morgana then reveals they can change Kamoshida's heart by stealing the source of his desires: his "treasure." And so, they return to the Palace once again. The group defeats Shadow Kamoshida and steals his Treasure, triggering the real Kamoshida to publicly apologize and turn himself in to the authorities. Realizing they can use their powers to help those who otherwise cannot help themselves, Ren and the others agree to continue their work. Although they have some concerns about the future, their firm resolve pushes them forward into their lives as the Phantom Thieves of Justice.

 Although they have some concerns about the future, their firm resolve pushes them forward into their lives as the Phantom Thieves of Justice

One day, the Phantom Thieves meet Yusuke Kitagawa, who claims to be the pupil of the great Japanese artist, Ichiryusai Madarame. Upon discovering Madarame has a palace of his own, they try to use Yusuke's obsession with Ann to learn more. Yusuke, however, vehemently defends Madarame. The Phantom Thieves debate whether it's right to change a heart if the victim doesn't ask for it. Through the help of Yuuki Mishima (another character you must remember), the Phantom Thieves meet Nakanohara, one of Madarame's former students. After learning that Madarame is plagiarising Yusuke's work, Ren and the others decide they cannot let Madarame get away with it. While searching Madarame's Palace for his treasure, Yusuke unexpectedly shows up in the Palace and begins to accept the truth about his teacher. Upon confronting Madarame's Shadow, Yusuke rejects his mentor, awakens his Persona Goemon, and helps the Phantom Theives change Madarame's heart. Afterward, Madarame goes on TV and apologizes. This high-profile change of heart causes the public to believe the Phantom Thieves exist.

On a school trip, Ren and the others meet a young detective named Goro Akechi, who believes the Phantom Thieves stand in the way of justice

On a school trip, Ren and the others meet a young detective named Goro Akechi, who believes the Phantom Thieves stand in the way of justice. Later, student council president, Makoto Niijima (best girl) confronts the Phantom Thieves and demands they find a mafia boss, or she'll reveal their secret. The Thieves learn the name of the Mafia boss is Junya Kaneshiro, but are unable to find him, so cannot infiltrate his palace. Makoto uses herself as bait to learn Kaneshiro's location, entangling them all in a trap. As a result, they're forced to pay Kaneshiro a hefty sum. A guilt-ridden Makoto helps Ren and the others get into Kaneshiro's Palace. Inside, her persona, Johanna, awakens, and she helps defeat Shadow Kaneshiro. Shadow Kaneshiro reveals that someone else is entering the Palaces and may be connected to the mental shutdowns and psychotic breakdown incidents.

As I said, there really isn't many differences here, but there are a few things of importance that will affect the story from here on out. Shiho, Ann's best friend, does not transfer schools and remains at Shujin. I'm sure you can guess why, but I will leave that for later. The second thing is that Mishima is a lot closer to the Phantom Thieves than he was in the game. If you don't know what I mean, essentially he's not a Phantom Thief himself, but he knows about the Metaverse and the method the Phantom Thieves use to steal hearts. The most important change is that Ren arrives in Yongen a lot earlier. I did this as to not greatly disturb the games plot. With the new palaces added, I had to find a way to make time, so I did it like this

Not much changed in this part, but in the next part, thing'll be different...wait and see...