Persona 5 AU Part 10: Taking the World

After changing Shido's heart, the Phantom Thieves come to realise the public reaction was not at all what they expected. Not only do people still believe in Shido after everything that he did, the Phantom Thieves themselves are being treated like they never existed. 

On December 23rd, the Phantom Thieves discover that Mementos continues to be exploited as their efforts of changing the heart of was denied and covered up, and thus they resolve to take the public's Treasure on the next day so that it cannot be used for such purposes again. The game forcibly sends you into Mementos and prohibits you from going to the overworld due to the thieves trying to avoid detection by law enforcement, although they can temporarily leave it to shop with or . Also, while the protagonist is unable to advance time any further, Caroline will provide free healing at the entrance of the Mementos Depths. The moment the party reaches the deepest parts of the Depths to engage the Holy Grail in a battle, the protagonist enters the endgame and will no longer be able to shop. 

After the Holy Grail expels the party from Mementos, the real world begins fusing with it. The public is completely oblivious to its appearance in the real world and only those who had formed a Confidant link with Ren can notice the changes. Due to the Holy Grail manipulating the cognition of the masses, one by one, starting from Futaba and ending with Ren, the party vanishes from the real world writhing in pain but are actually transported into the Velvet Room, where the true identity of the Grail is unmasked impersonating as Igor orders Caroline and Justine to execute the protagonist, but they found that they cannot be in good shape fighting him. Realizing that the Igor was fake, they tell the protagonist to perform a guillotine fusion that turns them back into their original form as Lavenza, and the two confront and expose the Holy Grail/fake Igor. The Holy Grail then gives the protagonist a chance to join him and gain fame to restore everything back to normal, but makes him a terrorizing force in the city where people lack free will and his teammates presumably still imprisoned. 

If he refuses, the Holy Grail will release the real Igor and he returns to continue his duties and lets the protagonist free his teammates which were confined in special cells, and it is revealed that the Velvet Room is fused with Mementos when it is captured and infiltrated.

What follows is Joker has to go around the Velvet Room Prison and release all his captured friends from their cells. As a reminder, this is what happens when Ryuji, Ann, Yusuke, Makoto, Futaba and Haru are released. 

But this is what happens when you interact with my Phantom Thieves, the ones added to this story.

Hifumi Togo/Shogun

When finding Hifumi, she will acknowledge Ren's arrival and asks him if maybe what she did to her mother wasn't the right thing after all. She begins to say that maybe when push comes to shove, Shogi may be the only thing she's good at. She was unable to save people from the Holy Grail's spell and feels useless because of it. She would probably have been better off if she'd just accepted the plan that her mother had made for her from the beginning. Joker tells her that it's not her fault that the world changed, and that they all share the responsibility. He firmly tells her that she did the right thing when joining the team and changing her mothers heart, and she can do it again with them. He reminds her that there are many people out there like her, and she can save them from a similar fate with her powers. Hifumi realises that this may be true and she, with a new confidence, gets to her feet. She musters up the courage to leave the cell and as she does, her clothes transform into her Phantom Thief attire. She returns to the main area to prepare for the final battle.