Social Link Changes Part 1: The Moon

To switch it up a bit, I decided that I'd do Yuuki Mishima's social link changes first. I was going to do Hifumi's, but I'm doing it in order of how much I liked the social links in the original game. Yuuki, Hifumi and Sae all have really cool Social Link routes in the original game, but in that order, are my favourites. Shiho will be last, because her social link will be something completely new that I'll be making from scratch. But his social link is one of the reasons that Mishima was my favourite character outside the Phantom Thieves, which is also one of the main reasons I made him a Phantom Thief in this AU. As a side note, the social link for Yuuki is generally the same, but with a few minor changes.

Rank 1

Yuuki's confidant is unlocked immediately after defeating Kamoshida. He shows Ren the Phantom Aficionado Website or Phan-Site and reveals that he knows Ren, Ryuji and Ann are the Phantom Thieves. He offers his help and tells Ren that if there's anything he can do for him, then he'll try his best. Ann and Ryuji come over and are worried about Yuuki, but he promises that he'll seal his lips about their identities. A conversation is struck up where Morgana tries to explain about the Metaverse when Yuuki asks about their methods, but since he's unable to hear the cat creature, Ann translates for him. While taken aback initially by the explanation, Mishima forces himself to believe in the Metaverse. After this conversation, Yuuki technically becomes a member of the Phantom Thieves, but moreso a backup expert than an actual party member.

Ability Gained: Mishima's Support

Allows backup party members to earn EXP.

Rank 2

Mishima will automatically call Ren and take up the morning of May 8th to activate Confidant Rank 2

Mishima invites Ren to talk and explains to him how the Phan-Site has been doing. He also declares himself the Phantom Thieves Strategic Image Management Representative. He seems really hyped for the Phantom Thieves rise in popularity.

Ability Gained: Mishima's Enthusiasm

Increases EXP earned from battle.

Rank 3

Yuuki calls Ren to hang out, saying that he set them both up on a "double date" so to speak with two girls who he spoke to on the Phan-Site. He tells Ren that they do not know that they are the real Phantom Thieves, and think that they're just part of the Phandom. However, the girls fail to show up, leaving Yuuki very disappointed and apologetic for taking up Ren's valuable time.

Ability Gained: Mishima's Desperation

Rank 4

Using some money he received from the Phansite, Mishima takes Ren out to eat at a fancy restaurant. When he explains this to Ren, it becomes clear to the both of them that this type of action is on the level of a scam. This worries Yuuki, since it'd just make the Phantom Thieves look like the bad guys, so he decides to return the money.

His social link is unavailable for a short while after this one. When he sends you requests on the Phan-Site, you can go to him for rewards and to hang out, but you cannot progress his social link until the start of Kobayakawa's Palace.

Ability Gained: Phanboy

Greatly increases EXP earned from battle.

Rank 5 (after his awakening)

When inviting Ren to the diner to talk about Phantom Thief business, since Mishima is now an official team member as Wolf, he gives Ren a book on the latest security techniques and a model gun. It would make more sense in this AU since a) Mishima knows more about the Metaverse and how guns work in the Metaverse and b) he's BEEN to the Metaverse. However, in this AU, the gun Mishima buys is not for Ren but for himself. He just gives it to Ren for safekeeping. They end up having a run in with Yuuki's old bully Akiyama, who reminds him that he's a zero and whatnot. When they leave, he expresses his determined attitude to change and to no longer be a zero.