Say No To This (Eliza Version)

Hiya fellow readers, I'm still alive and well. Anyway, the lyrics will be different since I combine it with the demo version with the one that we already know. So yeah

Theodosia Sr POV

Another warm summer night engulfed the city NYC where I began yawning and realizing it was already past ten o'clock. Deciding to wrap things up by going through one last file one last time before going home. Knowing Aaron would be worry sick that I stay longer at work than I've intentionally. Oh well, at least I can have my handsome holding me in his strong arms. Just thinking about me makes me blush and giddy all shyly, which I know it's stupid for a grown woman to be acting like a teenage girl again. Hey, that's love for you especially being married to the man or women you've been for more than a decade. It's a magical experience when you created the wondrous memories as a married couple. There's going to be ups and downs and which is part of life and you just have to accept it. Even when you're in complete denial. Which I could say for a certain I know that writing completely non-stop at the office next door.

You see, my old friend my dearest Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton is working her ass off to the brink of exhaustion. I worry about her but knowingly how stubborn and hard-headed she can be sometimes. I often worry about her physical and mental state. I hope she doesn't scare me like last month when she was buried alive under all those paperwork. That woman is seriously gonna give me a heart attack one these days. Anyway, as a good friend basically the mother friend of our group. I always tend to check up on her before leaving the office. Knowing that her answer will be that she'll be spending another night here at the orphanage. I wasn't going to argue with her about it but still at least take one day off. Then again it has taken her husband almost a decade to finally take a break from work. Well, like a wife, like a husband as some may say.

I see her with papers scattered around the desk with multiple profiles of some the new orphanages we receive from other states. Lightly knocking on the door which caught Eliza attention which she gave me her usual soft smile.

"Yes, Mrs. Burr. Is there anything you need?" she asks

"No, I'm letting you know that I'm heading home now. It's already past ten o'clock so Aaron is probably worried sick about me"

Eliza chuckle lightly before understanding that Aaron is a bit overprotective of me but in a cute way. Deep inside her heart, she was longing for the company of Alexander but he and their children were at Upstate. Apparently, visiting her father until catching up with Lafayette mid-way through the journey to South Carolina. They wanted to surprise John with a visit of their own unannounced. I can understand her loneliness but she made the choice to stay behind for the orphanage and for me. We share our goodbyes before taking my leave as I left the door to be locked. Since I didn't want any strangers or psycho manic having the intention to murder my innocent friend. Anyway, during my walk on the way, I notice a tall male with a noticeable black eye. I whine on the inside feeling that he either got it from a bar fight or from his wife.

Domestic abuse isn't uncommon sadly and seeing the abuse victim walking toward to our orphanage is heartbreaking but brave as well. What weird about him is that he's wearing a large black hat with a long black coat. Perhaps to cover the bruises and the scars he received from his spouse. But that one thing stood out from his outfit was a tight red shirt that would grasp on his muscular chest. Ignoring my appearance despite me waving at him to be polite but I didn't care.

He continues to walk toward the direction of the orphanage before looking at the window in which located Eliza office. It made my heart skip a beat just for a moment but there wasn't I couldn't do since I'm off work.