The big present

After a few minutes it is very quiet. The guard, still standing on the wall of the castle, looks around. Arthur and his group seem to have given up. The guard smacks and enjoys the silence. They're gone, that's what he thinks, but suddenly he hears many sounds coming from the woods. The guard looks in the direction of the sounds and listens. He hears sawing and thumping noises. For a moment it is quiet again, but the silence is soon interrupted by a loud bang. He also hears birds, drilling and more bangs. He puts a hand behind his ear and looks towards the left part of the forest. A rolling and squeaky sound approaches. Bedevere had a plan that the guards will soon become witnesses to.

After a lot of work, it is ready. The Frechman looks to his left. A large wooden statue, in the shape of a rabbit, is pushed by the four squires to the entrance of the castle. When the giant thing is in the right place, they run away and hide. One of the French guards opens the door and pokes his head out to make sure it's not a trap. When he's sure it's not a trap, he disappears back inside for a while.
"C'est un lapin, lapin de bois.", he says to the other guards.
"Quoi?"
Now all four heads of the guards emerge from behind the door. They're looking at the giant rabbit and they disappear behind the door again. 
"Un cadeau.", one of them says.
"What?"
"A present."
"Oh, un cadeau."
"Oui, oui. Allons-y. Let's go."
They step outside the castle and quietly walk towards the present.
The knights of the round table bow their heads a little further, just to be sure, to be out of sight.
"Oh, on y va. Bon magne."
The guards push the rabbit inside and shut the castle door.

"What happens now?", Arthur asks.
"Well, now, uh, Lancelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!", Bedevere says.
"Who leaps out?"
"U-- u-- uh, Lancelot, Galahad, and I, uh, leap out of the rabbit, and uh..."
"Ohh.", Arthur says and he and Lancelot put their hands for their faces. Robin shakes his head and Galahad rests his head on his arm. Arthur puts his hand down.
"Oh. Um, I-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger..."
Arthur hits Bedevere against his helmet. The next moment, the big wooden rabbit is lauched into the air in the direction of the knights.
"Run away!", Arthur shouts.
"Run away! Run away!", the others shout.
Sir Robin hastily knocks over one of the squires on his way back to the forest.
Their own made present lands on top of a squire.

"Defeat at the castle seems to have utterly dishearten king Arthur. The ferocity of the French taunting took him completely by surprise. And Arthur became convinced that a new strategy was required if the quest for the Holy Grail were to be brought to a succesful conclusion. Arthur, having consulted his closest knights, decided that they should seperate and search for the grail individually. Now this is what they did..."