daisy chains

━━━━━━━━

Eleven sat on the flower covered lawn of the Wheeler's back yard. The slight breeze blew through her brown waves that cascaded down her neck, ending just blow her shoulders. She breathed in the spring air, never experiencing the feeling of the sun beaming against her colored skin.

She crossed her legs, her focus not on the beautiful sun or the rustling of the bushes against the barbed wire fence. Her focus was on the bijou white flowers, scattered across the grass. She picked one, examining it in her dainty fingers, admiring the colors and patterns.

"Pretty." She whispered, letting it fall from her hand and watch it blow away with the pleasant breeze.

"Pretty. Really pretty." A too familiar voice came from behind her. Her favorite voice.

Her eyes landed on the fourteen year old boy that she liked so intensely. Mike wheeler. He took a seat beside her and her breathing nearly stopped.

He looked so ethereal to her. The sun shone down against his pale freckled skin and his brown eyes looked like warm chocolate, melting at her touch. She smiled shyly and shook her head.

"Yes." He confirmed, his voice getting deeper everyday.

Eleven liked it. She found it sweet the way it cracked sometimes when he laughed. She'd made him deliberately laugh a lot just to hear it.

"So you like the flowers?" Mike grinned tenderly, picking one himself and resting it in her golden waves.

She nodded, blushing at the gentle contact. Her gaze lowered back down to all the elegant flowers, swaying to the slow breeze.

"Have you ever made daisy chains?" He asked softly and she looked back into his eyes.

"What's that?" She replied inquisitively.

"Just watch."

She watched him intently as he picked many flowers, intertwining them together and making the smallest knots. He continued this until it was a full circle of daisies.

"You wanna try?" He asked and she nodded eagerly.

Eleven loved learning new things, especially when Mike taught her. He always made her want to put that little bit of extra effort in. She'd always go that extra mile for him, if it meant making him happy.

Though Mike was always happiest just being in her company, showing her things she didn't know about, teaching her things she's never learned. And that smile she gave when she understood and got it right, made his heart flutter in his chest.

Mike watched as she mimicked his movements, interewining the flowers together and carefully tying the ends. She liked the idea of them being intertwined. It reminded Eleven of Mike and her.

Hers was of course more sloppy then his but it was good for her first try. He smiled down at her, proud that she'd accomplished another simple task because of him.

"You should wear it around your head like a flower crown." He suggested, carefully taking the chain from her hands and placing it around her wild curls.

She took his chain he had made previous to hers and placed it on his head too. He chuckled softly, taking her hand in his, brushing the soft skin with his thumb.

"They're just like the flowers." Eleven murmured quietly as she looked down at their clasped hands.

"Yeah." Mike hummed feeling complete bliss.

"And they always will be."

━━━━━━━━

I know this is short oops but it would have just dragged on if I made it longer. This is really crappy cause I wrote it a while ago but I've nothing else to post rn.