first date

Got a few requests in private message so I'll try do as much as I can

This was requested by @adore_mia

━━━━━━━━

"Starcourt Mall, has it all."

El switched off the TV excitedly running into her bedroom and bouncing onto her bed, her soft brown curls falling around her heart shaped face. She bit her lip, trying to suppress her smile as she reached for her super-com that lay on her bed side locker. Mike had given it to her as a present, a little squiggly heart drawn in marker on the side with the message, 'this way we can always talk, whenever you need me I'll be there, promise, m.w'.

She heard the familiar static sound as she pulled up the metal antenna, pressing down on the button before speaking into the microphone.

"Mike? You there?" She asked softy, laying on her stomach with her legs swaying softly behind her.

Within a few seconds he replied, he always did, "Hey El, what's wrong, everything okay?" He sounded out of breath and El giggled into her hand.

"Yes Mike," she smiled—always such a worrier, "I just wanted to ask you something."

"Oh," he sounded relieved and she could almost hear him relax, "Of course what is it."

El rolled onto her back and sighed happily, "Can we go on a date."

Mike cleared his throat rather abruptly from the other side and he went silent for a few seconds. El blushed. Was she being too forward? Was he freaked out? Sure, there was something going on with them but they'd never really talked about the whole boyfriend girlfriend thing. She just assumed they were. Maybe he thought differently and she gulped, sitting up now and fiddling with the bottom of her sleeve nervously.

"It..it's okay Mike, you can say no if you don't wan-"

"Yes." He said quickly, interrupting El's mini rant, "El of course, I'd l..love to go on a date with you." 

She relaxed her tense shoulders and let out a sigh of relief, "Oh ok, cool."

"Cool." Mike repeated from the other side and she grinned to herself.

"Where were you thinking?" He asked.

"Starcourt mall, it's new in Hawkins, Hopper said its great." El replied, her finger wrapping her hair around it.

"Okay, Starcourt mall. It's a date." Mike chuckled, and El could nearly see his cheeks turning a bright red. She smiled

"Meet me there tonight, at seven."

"Seven. Perfect." He said gently, "See you then El."

"Okay, bye Mike." She answered back gently.

She pushed the antenna back down, rolling off her bed and giggled in excitement as she slipped into the bathroom to shower and get ready for her date.

━━━━━━━━

Mike cursed to himself as he skimmed through his wardrobe, trying to find something acceptable to wear on his date with El. He pulled out one of his polo shirts that she liked. A yellow one with stripes. It was her favorite on him. He pulled it on, walking over to the mirror as he adjusted the collar and stared at himself.