Nine

Alice's POV

I winced in pain as Maeve applied slight preassure to my cut. Allison held my hand tightly and I smiled at her, letting her know I was okay.

Maeve then wrapped a bandage around my waist, giving me flashbacks to when I got my ass beat for standing up for Eric.

Once she was finished, Allison handed me a lolly. "These are mine for when I've been a good girl...You were a good girl for protecting me and Uncle Sean. Here you."

I smiled and ruffled her hair. She frowned and snatched the lolly from my hand. She opened it and stuck the entire thing in her mouth, the entire time she glared at me.

She walked away, leaving me stood there in shock. Maeve was just laughing her ass off.

"She does not like that being done to her."

"My lolly." I pouted.

"Here." Maeve handed me another. "Don't tell her though."

I placed the lolly on the counter, saving it for later. A silence surrounded us, neither of us knowing what to say.

I'll admit, it was somewhat uncomfortable, mainly because she was my ex...Looking at how much she's changed and matured, it's just making me wanna be with her again but she hurt me badly.

"Thank you for being here." She finally broke the silence.

"I didn't really have a choice. I had no other clothes." I laughed.

"I know but...If you weren't here, I worry about what would've happend to Allison." Maeve's voice cracked and I quickly moved towards her and gently cupped her face, making her look at me.

"Hey, you don't need to think about that. She's fine, she's safe. I'm not going anywhere, okay? I'm here to stay, I was always gonna stay, even ten years ago. Sure, you hurt me but I'm sure we can work through it. Maeve Wiley, I'm gonna protect you and Allison."

"Like how it should've been from the start..." She replied quietly.

I wiped her cheek with my thumb and nodded my head, looking at her..Looking into her eyes, taking in all of her beautiful features...It just confirmed what I already knew. I did love her. I was always gonna love her.

I moved closer, as did she. I licked my bottom lip and watched as her eyes glanced down to my lips. I leaned in and our lips touched.

I felt the sparks I did ten years ago and I melted into her...Until a knock on the door caused us to break apart.

Maeve sighed and walked towards the door, she opened it to reveal Charley, Diana and...Oh god.

Her eyes landed on me and she gave me a confused look.

"What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" I fired back.

"This is my sisters house..."

I looked to Maeve and she was looking at me curiously. "How do you two know eachother?"

"This is the girl I told you about. We slept together a few times and then she decided to ditch me."

I groaned and placed my head in my hands.

"You slept with my sister?"

"I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU HAD A SISTER!" I shouted in despair.

"Well allow me to re-introduce myself. My name is Emma Mackey, I'm Maeve Wiley's long lost twin. A lot of shit can happen in ten years, can't it?"

I just wanted the ground to swallow me up....What did I get myself into...