Thirteen

Alice's POV

I just stared at her in shock. Marry her? After ten years of hurting, ten years of having a broken heart. So much had changed.

Except my feelings for her.

But could we do it?

So many thoughts were running through my mind, would she hurt me again? What if Allison hated me? I loved Maeve with all my heart but she truely hurt me. Would I be able to just move on and forget that?

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that...After everything I did and me going away for ten years...I'm sorry it's too soon and I-"

"Yes." I blurted out quickly, stopping her from rambling.

"What?" She asked quietly, as if she was shocked or unsure she heard me correctly.

"Yes, I will marry you."

"Really?"

"Yes."

A smile began to form on her face and I couldn't help but smile too.

I'm getting married...To the girl I thought I lost ten years ago.

- - -

The Next Morning

Allison and I were sat at the kitchen table eating our breakfast. Allison was eating her coco pops and I was eating porridge. Maeve was currently showering but she soon appeared from out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel.

"Good morning." She smiled at Allison and I.

She walked towards Allison and kissed the top of her head, causing the young girl to beam with happiness.

"Hey Mummy. Do you want some of my money?"

"No, darling. Why?" Maeve asked confused.

"I heard you moaning last night so I assume you're having those lady problems again. I was gonna come in but I heard you say Mummy Alice's name."

My eyes widened and I began to choke on my food, Maeve looked horrified. Allison was just sat there, looking up at her Mum, concern on her face.

"I know chocolate makes you feel better so you could use my money to buy some."

"That's...That's very sweet of you love, how's about I buy you some chocolate?"

"What did I do to deserve chocolate? Have I been good?"

"Yes." Maeve nodded. "But...How would you feel if Alice and I...Were to get married?"

Allison's face lit up and she gasped as she looked towards me. I smiled at her, nodding my head.

"That would be...Amazing..." I watched as her eyes began to shimmer and small tears fell down her small cheeks. "All I wanted was for you to be happy again Mummy, and now you are. You're going to have your happy ending."

My heart swelled with so much love for this small child. Maeve wiped her daughters eyes, and I watched as Maeve also began to cry.

Seeing both of my two favourite girls cry, made me cry. I stood up and walked to the other side of the table and place my hand on Maeve's back and my other hand on Allison's shoulder.

"I love you both so much." Allison cried as she spun around in her chair and hugged the both of us.

"We love you too." Maeve replied. "Right?" She looked at me.

I used my thumb to wipe her eyes and nodded my head. "Yes. I love you." I looked down at Allison and stroked her hair. "I love you."

- - -

Not long after breakfast, Allison made it clear she wanted Maeve to get an engagement ring so were currently in the town centre in a jewellery shop looking at rings.

Allison was holding my hand as she looked at bracelets.

"Hello stranger." I heard a familiar voice say.

Maeve and I turned around and we saw Aimee, holding hands with...Steve?

He glared at Maeve and I watched Maeve shift uncomfortably. I wrapped my arm around her, glaring at Steve myself.

"Hey Aimee." Maeve smiled.

"It's been forever." Aimee rolled her eyes and hugged Maeve before hugging me. "It's been like eight years since I last saw you...But...Four years since I last saw you?" She looked at Maeve.

"Sounds about right." Maeve nodded her head.

Steve knelt down and held his hand out for Allison to shake. "Hello Princess."

"Hi." She replied shyly as she shook his hand.

"Come here a minute, baby." Maeve said quickly as she walked towards her daughter. "Come pick out a ring for me."

"You two getting engaged?" Steve asked as he stood up.

"Yeah." I nodded my head and smiled. "The last ten years shouldn't have happend...But it did so now we have to work on it."

"Yeah." Aimee said sadly. "It's good to see you're doing well and you're happy again."

"Excuse me for a moment." Steve said before walking away, leaving Aimee and I alone to talk.

As Aimee babbled on about her latest holiday, I watched Steve closely. He walked over to Maeve and began to talk quietly to her, a look of desperation on his face.

Maeve shook her head but Steve grabbed her wrist. I walked over to them and what I heard caught me off guard.

"Please, let me get to know my daughter."