Twelve

Alice's POV

I was sat in the interrogation room and I was shaking. I was scared, I was angry and upset. I didn't stab Hailee, even if I wanted to, I would never do that. Sure, I'd hit someone but I'd never stab someone.

Officer Star was sat in front of me, staring at me hard, making me feel uncomfortable. The other Officer Star was sat next to her, flipping through a folder of notes.

"Miss Milburn, where were you on the day of Miss McDonald's assault?"

"I was at Maeve Wiley's home."

"Can Miss Wiley confirm this?"

"Yes and so can her daughter, Allison. In fact, so can my sister and my employee and Maeve's sister."

Officer Star nodded her head as she pushed a piece of paper in front of me.

"Do you know what this is?"

I looked at the paper, confused to see a picture of Otis, Charley and I that I kept in my wallet.

"That's a picture I have in my wallet."

"That picture was found at the scene where Miss McDonald was attacked. She left a small blood trail so it was followed and that is where that was found."

"No, no. That's impossible. It was in my wallet."

"Is it true that you also had a physical altercation with Miss McDonald in your club, two nights ago?" She pushed another piece of paper in front of me. "These cuts and bruises on her face were caused from another incident and they only incident we know of, is the one inside your club."

I looked down, feeling myself become defeated. Everything was pointing in my direction, they thought I did it and nobody would believe me.

"We had a rough past. It started back at school but a few years ago, she accused my brother of raping her. So I'm sorry if I hate her and yes, I may have gotten too rough when I was throwing her out of my bar."

"So you admit you hate her? Hate her enough to see her dead?"

"No!" I said slamming my hands on the table, instantly regretting it and Officer Star stood up, placing her hands on the table and towering over me.

"I suggest you keep your anger down to a minimum and I suggest you tone your attitude down or I will make sure you're put in a cell for aggressive behaviour towards an officer."

"That's the only thing you could arrest me for because I did not stab Hailee."

"Your past incidents suggest otherwise and your picture at the scene also, suggest otherwise. We aren't leaving here until I get a confession out of you."

"Well you're not fucking getting one."

"Watch your language with me. That is your last warning."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and the police officers left.

I couldn't believe this was happening, they were determined to pin this on me. I placed my head in my hands, squeezing my eyes shut tightly, hoping it was all a dream. Tears slowly escaped but I quickly wiped them away as the door opened again.

"CCTV footage has come up. You were caught on camera with Maeve and a small child at around the time of the assault. You're free to go."

I stood up and quickly walked out of the room, away from her. I walked to reception when the other Officer Star stopped me.

"She was only doing her job y'know."

"I know. I just wanna go back ho-To where I'm staying."

"If you can help with anything then please contact us. This case means a lot to her. She lost her first love like this and they never caught the person who did it."

"I'm sorry."

Officer Star gave me a small smile before walking away.

"Um hey, could you maybe give me a lift?" I called after her.

She turned around and laughed. "Sure."

- - -

I knocked on the door to Maeve's home and when she opened the door, I could tell she had been crying.

"Oh thank god." She said quickly as she threw her arms around my neck.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, hugging her just as hard as she was hugging me. She pulled me inside and closed the door.

Before she could speak, I pushed her against the door and kissed her lips. I pinned her arms above her head as my lips trailed down to her neck.

She let out a low moan as I kissed the spot that I remember drove her crazy.

"Fuck, I'm sorry." I said quickly as I let go of her. "This is too much, too soon."

I walked towards the sofa but she pushed me gently towards her bedroom. She opened the door and grabbed my hand.

She led me inside, letting go of my hand to close the door.

"Wh-What are you doing?" I asked confused.

Maeve walked towards me, I noticed a look in her eyes I hadn't seen in a long time.

She slowly began to unbutton my shirt and I just stood there in shock. She pushed the material back and I helped in removing it before I helped her, remove her own shirt.

"Kiss me."

She didn't have to tell me twice, I moved closer and captured her lips with my own. My hands tangled themselves in her hair as her hands roamed my body.

She broke the kiss to lead me towards the bed, she pushed me down and climbed on top of me before continuing the kiss again.

She kissed down my body, making my back arch as she kissed all of my sweet spots. She reached my jeans and she shuffled backwards so sit on my legs. She slowly unbuttoned the jean, making me groan as she went at such an agonising pace.

"Patience babe, I have ten years worth to catch up on. I wanna take my time and savour the moment."

It didn't take long before we were both fully naked and this time I was top of her, her breathing had gotten heavier as my hands trailed up and down her body, edging closer to where she wanted me.

She was growing fustrated and it just made me smirk against her neck.

"Come on...Hurry up." She begged.

"Patience babe."

"You're a fucking bitch."

"I know." I giggled before slipping my fingers inside of her, causing a loud moan to escape her lips.

I quickly kissed her, trying to make her quiet in case Allison woke up.

She rocked against me as I slowly eased in and out of her.

"Fuck, don't stop." She whispered in my ear, breaking the kiss. "I love you Alice."

- - -

I glanced at the clock on the bedside table, it was three thirty. We had only just finished, we had been going at it for two nearly three hours.

Maeve was in my arms, her head on my chest, her breathing still a little heavy.

"That was fun."

"Yeah." I replied. "Sure was."

"You okay?"

"I'm just...Still a bit worked up over being set up."

"We'll find whoever did it. I'm going to be with you through it all, okay?"

I smiled and nodded my head. "I love you."

Maeve hummed happily, leaving us in a moment of silence but she soon broke it and what she said had me surprised.

"Marry me."