Twenty Four

Nobody's POV

Once Maeve and Alice had returned to Maeve's place, Allison quickly made herself comfortable on Alice's lap much to Charley's dismay.

She enjoyed being cuddled by the small child.

"Can I talk to you guys?" Alice asked as she wrapped her arms Allison.

"Sure, what's up sis?" Charley asked as she put her feet up on the coffee table. Maeve quickly pushed her feet down, earning herself a glare.

"Don't teach madam here bad habits." Maeve warned.

"I'm ever so sorry." Charley said sarcastically. "Anyway, what's up?"

Alice leaned forward slightly, earning a groan from Allison who had just gotten into a comfortable position. "I've been thinking...Maeve...We're engaged and I'm here pretty much all the time."

"Yes."

"What?" Alice asked confused.

"Yes, you can move in."

Alice was completely baffled at how Maeve already knew what she wanted to ask but she felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of her shoulders but she was also a little nervous for the next question she was about to ask.

"Charles."

"Yo."

"Would you like my flat? Maybe you could ask Emma to move in with you."

Charley's eyes lit up but she looked at Alice as if she was joking around.

"Are you serious?"

"Of course I am." She smiled. "You're my sister and I love you. I would never joke about something like this."

Charley stood up and held her arms out. Alice stood up, still holding on to Allison. She hugged her sister and when she pulled away, she was surprised to see she was crying.

"Charley...?"

"I'm sorry, it's just...Thank you."

"You're welcome." Alice laughed.

"Looks like we're celebrating." Maeve smiled as she stood up, but she winced slightly.

"Babe?" Alice asked concerned as she handed Allison to Charley.

"I'm okay. I just, did too much. I'm still sore from the accident, swimming and pulling was a lot."

"I'm sorry." Alice replied sadly as she looked down.

"Hey." Maeve gently cupped her fiancé's face. "I wasn't gonna let you die. I love you and I would do it all again. The car, the pool...I would do it all again because it kept you safe."

"I love you Maeve Wiley."

"And I love you." Maeve smiled as she pecked Alice's lips. "Now, how's about you go to the shop and get your sister some alcohol."

"I knew I loved you Maeve." Charley grinned.

"Alright." Alice laughed as she grabbed a five pound note that was on the coffee table.

As she walked to the door, she had the biggest grin on her face..That was until she opened the door.

Her jaw dropped, her body turned stiff, the colour drained from her face.

"What's wrong?" Maeve asked as she Alice just stood there.

She moved closer to the door and when she saw what Alice saw, she let out a loud gasp as her hands covered her mouth in shock.

"Holy shit." Charley said in shock as she got a better view of the door.

Allison turned her small head around and she scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, even her little brain knew this wasn't right.

"Hello frog face."

Maeve slowly removed her hands from her mouth as she walked to the door and stood beside Alice.

"Sean...How are you here? You're supposed to be dead."

Sean looked down and sighed. "It's a long story."