27 Drops

The door shuts behind me with a click and a clunk as I do the finishing touches by turning the lock. And, simultaneously, a satisfied sigh echoes from the couch. He sinks deeper into the already too soft couch.

“Aah. I’m pooped.”

I sigh. A touch of exasperation. So, he basically ended up following me home. And, on top of that, he walked into my apartment like he owned the place. Kicking off his shoes and lounging on the couch. My couch.

“Senpai, what are you going to do now?” He casually tosses words over his shoulder.

“… Make dinner.” I drop the groceries on the counter and proceed to open the fridge. “If there’s anything good to go with the stuff I bought.”

“Did you not think of what to make when you bought the stuff.”

He came with me to the grocery store. No help at all. I just sigh. “Nope.”

“You could make curry.”

He appears at my shoulder. I nearly jump out of my skin. A cold sweat creeps up my back like a tiny spider. The smell of rain clings to him, the scent of water and night air. His slightly unkept shoulder length hair hangs over his shirt. He should tie it back.

I don’t reply, so he speaks again.

“I could help~”

“Haah… Okay, fine. But first, come here.” I tug at his shoulder.

“Hmm?”