Chap 16

"I'll be there for you"
-F.R.I.E.N.D.S💙

Happy Reading💕

-----------------
N A N D I N I

I take a long breath as everyone gape at me and Manik's arm around me tightens and Abhi's grip on my hand.

They blink and look back at the photo

"So someone sent you you're.." Mukti's voice fades as she couldn't complete the sentence.

I feel a sharp pain in my heart but i nod at Mukti ignoring it.

"Yeah.. they.. sent me picture of... my dead parents. And this picture seems to be taken right after the accident.." I finish painfully.

I suddenly get an urge to run away far from reality, lock my self up and never come back again. My tears Choke in my throat as I remember the last ever time i saw my parents.

Alive and happy.

Then i look at the picture. They look so bloody and... dead.

Death takes with it a piece of the living's soul too. And it hurts.

It hurts that our life isn't a wish granting factory. If it was, i would just ask nothing more than my parents.

The train of my thoughts halts when I feel a number of arms around me. That's when I realize that my tears had flown freely down my cheek tickling my chin now.

"Aisi besharam harkat kon kar sakta hai?" Navya cries clearly very angry as we break the hug.

We all sit on the cool floor.

That reminds me, Navya, Radio station, challenge, 2nd position.

I quickly wipe my tears and take hold of Navya's hands

"Navya, vo radio station me kya hua? Radio o2 abhi toh second position par hai"

It seemed like Navya and Mukti were going to question me for changing the topics but I guess Manik signalled them not to because the both of them glanced at him.

He knows I can't think about it for any longer.

Navya struggled with the situation but later let a smug smile slip on her face.

"Hum uss khadoos se maafi mangvake aa rahe hai"

We all laughed. Mukti and I patted Navya on the back.

"So what about the job?" Manik asks.

Navya clears her throat and proudly announces

"Usne khud hume permanent job di. Aur uske muh se "I am really sorry for the way I've behaved earlier" bulvake aa rahe hai hum"

Mukti and I hug Navya as everyone praises her.

When the tense situation almost faded, I noticed that Alya was very queit.

"Hey, Alya? Are you okay? You've been very queit since you came." I ask.

"Nandini, from what number did you get that text?" She asks frowning and thinking deeply.

Suddenly all the tension returns and I tense thinking of the photo.

But if she again mentioned the topic means she has something to say. So ignoring the pain in my chest, I grab my phone and look the number.

Everyone stares at us with confusion. And slightly shocked by me looking at the photo again.

"Just a second." Alya says and pulls out her phone