11. Aloha

Maybe he got it wrong about Charlotte being an angel

Perhaps she was more of a mermaid or a sun goddess.

Charlotte practically floated across the long slats of dark hardwood on the top floor of the yacht, her feet side stepping and avoiding people in the crowd who were unaware of her presence. The tulle fabric of her tea-length lavender dress swished around her knees and calves, fluttering in the ocean breeze. A delicate white lei graced her neck, flowing freely with every move she made.

Grayson caught himself staring. Glancing down at his girlfriend, he saw that Sabine was also captivated by Charlotte.

As she drew nearer, Grayson noticed the elegant and exquisite floral lace detailing on the top of her dress where a soft mesh fabric swathed her chest and shoulders. Though they rocked gently with the yacht, Charlotte balanced perfectly in her tall lavender heels that exactly matched her dress.

Perhaps the most enrapturing feature about Charlotte was the sincere brilliant white smile that adorned her lips. Her sparkling green eyes crinkled at the corners with little laugh lines, showcasing genuine happiness. As the wind ruffled her hair which was braided around her head in a raven colored crown, she brushed loose tendrils out of her eyes to see more clearly. Though she made eye contact with Grayson for a moment in a silent hello, her gaze rested solely on Sabine, the girl she had been waiting to meet.

"Aloha, you must be Sabine?" Charlotte asked once she sidled up between the two of them. Her fingertips gingerly touched Sabine's arm above her elbow, testing the waters of friendship.

At the sound of her accent, Sabine blinked once before she found her own voice. "Indeed. How did you know?" She asked hesitatingly.

Charlotte didn't take offense to the fact that Sabine asked that question. "I drilled Grayson for details about his charming new girlfriend. He told me you were absolutely beautiful, and he did not lie I promise you."

Sabine's cheeks turned pink with warmth. "Oh....well that's so sweet, thank you. And you are...?"

"My name is Charlotte. Grayson and I go way way back. It's truly an honor to meet you, Sabine." Closing her arms around Sabine, Charlotte air-kissed both of her cheeks like he had seen Camilla  and Georgia do once or twice.

Clearing his throat and finding his voice, Grayson laid his hand on Sabine's back protectively. "Charlotte and I grew up together," he said, although he had already explained his past with Charlotte to Sabine.

Sabine rolled with the punches even though he knew she was upset at all of this information overload. And the reason this meet and greet was such an overload was his own fault. "That means you must have wonderfully embarrassing stories to tell about Grayson."

Charlotte tilted her head back and laughed. "Oh, pet, you have no idea. I like where your head is at." Charlotte tapped her temple. "When did you two arrive? I hope you haven't missed any party festivities."