24. High Tides & Beach Vibes

There was only one way Grayson as going to get away with this

"Hey, Blue. Charlotte and I are going to the beach. Do you wanna come?"

Delilah breathed in through her nose and out of her mouth in patient intervals while she rested in the splits on her yoga mat. One of her arms extended over her head and curved over her body, stretching all of the muscles between her ribs. "Aren't you grounded?" She reminded him quietly, focusing her mental energy on releasing the tension in her body. Her gymnastics instructor recommended a daily practice of yoga to loosen her body and tight muscles.

"Yes, but Mom and Dad aren't home. I thought you might wanna come. Just for a little bit." Grayson tried not to sound desperate. It was only the second day of his punishment, and already he was going stir crazy.

Straightening her spine, both of Delilah's arms swept above her head and folded down to her chest, palms pressed together. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Fine. But you owe me. And if we get caught, I plead the fifth."

------

"I'm taking over the playlist!" Chastity announced, connecting her phone to the speaker. Charlotte originally controlled the music but she forgot to pay attention to the vibe of her playlist when Delilah, Grayson, and Charlotte started kicking around a soccer ball. Mostly, Delilah and Charlotte wrestled with one another for soccer domination, regularly grabbing each other by the arms to yank the other person away from the ball. One time, Charlotte's top almost came undone when Delilah pulled on one of the strings.

Warm sand dusted across her arms and legs, discoloring her white bikini stitched with yellow and pink flowers. Again, Grayson was reminded of how much her body had changed. Like all of her sisters, Charlotte was a late bloomer. Whilst she lived in London, her body morphed into soft curves, a fuller chest, and sensuous hips. When she laughed, her shoulders shimmied unconsciously, and in that tight cinched white top, his mind got carried away. Every time she brushed against him, he caught a scent of her tropical shampoo and coconut sunscreen, a combination that he couldn't get enough of.

So where do you go, oh, whenever you disappear?

I can't seem to find you when you slip into the night

So where do you go?

I want to follow you down, down, down

"Grayson!" Delilah hollered when he let the soccer ball sneak past him. Shaking his thoughts from his head, he chased after the ball and corralled it back to the trio. He managed to capture the ball just before a neighborhood dog trampled it. The neighbors waved apologetically and whistled for their dog to return.

"New game," Grayson announced. "You have to pass the ball with any body part other than your feet."

Delilah groaned. "Really?"

"Yes!" Charlotte jogged in place. "I'm ready, I'm ready!"

He kicked the ball up with his toe and bumped it with his knee over to Charlotte. The ball rolled down her body and she also used her knee to nudge it over towards Delilah. She screamed when the ball came near her and shied away. "I wasn't ready!"