Chapter 7- Are we keeping her?

Leah's P.O.V

I let my mouth hang open. "Daddy it's a baby!" I said and pointed at the blanket in his arms. He chuckled lightly and stood up straight. "Yes I know it's a baby princess. I just don't know how she got here." He said as he came and sat down on the couch with the baby in his arms. I climbed beside him and sat down and looked at the baby. "What's her name daddy?" I asked. "I don't know princess, let me check." He said and opened the letter that was attached to the baby's blanket. He read it quietly to himself, then looked down at the baby in his arms, then at me. "Her name is Alexis." He said quietly. Just then the baby's eyes opened and she started to cry. Daddy quickly rocked her back and forth. "Shh Alexis. Shh baby. It's okay, you hungry baby? Are you hungry?" He asked. Then stood up and walked towards the kitchen, me following. He grabbed one of my bottles from the cabinet. "Daddy that's mine!" I said. "Princess your too big for bottels! Can you let Alexis borrow this one?" He asked me. I nodded. He smiled and began making the bottle, still holding Alexis. When he finish, he tested it in his hand, then began feeding her. When she finished her bottle, he patted her back and she burped. He then went back into the living room, still carrying the baby. I followed him, and sat down next to him. "Daddy?" I asked. "Yes princess?" He asked, looking at me. "Why is she here?" I asked pointing to the baby in his arms. "Um, her mommy asked me to take care of her for now on, because she can't. Is that okay with you?" He asked me. I nodded, "where will she sleep?" I asked. "She'll sleep with me tonight, then tomorrow, we can get her her own bed in her own room." He said. I nodded. "Daddy?" I asked again. "Yes?" He asked. "Are we keeping her?" I asked. He nodded, "Yes. Can you ever say no to that face?" He asked like a baby and picked her up and showed her to me. I giggled and daddy laughed and pulled the baby back to his chest. "Okay it's time for everyone to go sleepies!" He said. I groaned, "but daddy!" I whined. "Daddy's going sleepies too princess and so is Alexis. Everyone is okay?" He asked. I nodded. Pretty soon he got the baby to sleep, then he came to my room. "Daddy check for monsters." I said. He checked under my bed, in my closet and bathroom, and behind the curtain, then came to my bed and laid down beside me. "See princess? There are no monsters!" He said, then brought me into his chest and gave me cuddles. "Goodnight daddy." I mumbled as I felt my eyes get heavier and heavier. "Goodnight princess. I love you so much." He whispered as he kissed the top of my head...