Chapter 27- Back to School

Justin's P.O.V

(A month later)

Leah has been doing exercises with her leg, I took her back to the hospital to get her checked out, and got some of the greatest news I've ever heard. The doctors said if she exercises her legs, and tries to walk on them every once in a while, her legs will build up muscles and that will make her legs stronger and hopefully she'll be able to walk again, but she will still have a couple of problems in her legs. So right now we were in the living room and she was doing her exercises while Amelia and Alexis were coloring and watching tv and I was just watching all of them carefully. "You ready?" I asked Leah as she stopped her exercising. "Yeah." She nodded. I got up from the couch and walked over to her. I picked her up carefully and gently set her legs on the ground the grabbed her hands gently in mine. "Ok princess." I said. She tried to lift her leg. "I can't feel it daddy." She almost started crying. "Hey, don't give up alright? Just try harder." I said quietly to her. She just nodded, Amelia and Alexis looked at us and looked at Leah. "Look princess." I whispered in her ear quietly so Amelia and Alexis couldn't hear. "They're looking at you. You know why?" I asked her. She shook her head no. "Because they believe in you. They know you can do it, they know you won't give up and that you'll keep going and your gonna keep trying harder every time, right?" I asked her. She just looked at them, took in a deep breath and nodded. "Okay baby lets do this one more time, okay?" I said. She nodded, I gently grabbed her leg and put it forward. "Okay princess it's all on you now." I said quietly. She nodded, then she closed her eyes tight and leaned forward. She moved her leg. "That's it baby, one more step and your done for today." I motivated her. Her eyes were still closed tightly, and her jaw was clenched. She moved her other leg a little bit, then brought it forward. That was a step. I smiled and set her down on the couch. "You did it baby, you took two steps." I smiled. She smiled to and nodded.......

Leah's P.O.V

It's been a week and I've gotten a lot better. I can take up to three steps now. Today I'm starting school for the first time. I was in the car right now in the passengers seat while daddy was driving. I started playing with my fingers and looking out the window. "Don't be nervous." He said. "I'm not nervous." I mumbled. "Your playing with your fingers, you do that when your hiding something, or your nervous or scared or tired. Don't be any of those." He said. I just sighed and nodded slightly. We pulled up to my school and I see everybody in their usual places, the guys being guys, the girls tying to get their attention in any way, and people who were just readying or were on their phone. Then I see my friends standing in our usual place under a group of trees. When they see my car, their eyes widened and then smiles go on their faces and they run to my car. They surround my side of the car and I roll down the window and smiled. "Where have you've been?" Gabby asked. They all looked at her and gave her a look. "Oh yeah... Sorry." She said apologetically. I just laughed, "no worries." I smiled. "Hey Mr. Bieber!" They all yelled which made dad laugh. "Hey guys." He smiled. "Y'all staying out of trouble?" He asked. They all moved aside and we all stared at Blake. He was looking around, then his eyes get to us and he smiles sheepishly. "What?" He said. "I'm an angel!" He said. "Yeah right." Sam coughed into his hand. "Oh sorry. I coughed while saying that. 'Yeah right!" He said. We all laughed. "Seriously though the only trouble makers in the crew are Leah and Blake." Vanessa said. I just rolled my eyes. And heard dad laugh. "Okay, princess you ready for school?" He asked, looking at me. I nodded hesitantly. "Don't worry, it's all gonna be great!" Vanessa said. We all gave her a look. "It's school! Schools never great!" Blake yelled at her, but playfully. I high five him. "Amen!" I said and point to him. "He knows what he's talking about!" I said. They all laugh and so do I. "Ok let's go." Dad said, opening his door. "Wait! Dad!" I said. He turned around. "Yeah?" He asked. "Can you put on your sunglasses? I don't want anybody to recognize you." I whispered. He looked kinda hurt but quickly replaced it with a smile. "Sure." He said. He placed his glasses over his eyes and his hoodie of his head then gets out of the truck and goes to the trunk of the car to get my wheelchair. When he gets it and he sets it up, he comes over to my side and my friends move out of the way and I open my door. Dad picks me up bridle style and sets me in my wheelchair. Then he wheels me to the school with my friend following.........

I was putting my books in my locker in the hallway when someone approaches me from behind. I look back to see Alex. I rolled my eyes and kept putting my books in my locker, I dropped one and he picked it up for me. "Thanks." I mumbled grabbing it from him and placing it in my locker. I then close my locker. "Leah-" I cut him off. "Oh, you know my name?" I asked sarcastically. "Leah listen, I'm sorry for everything, alright?" He said. I just rolled my eyes and just looked at my locker. Sam was supposed to meet me here so he can walk me to my next class that we have together. "Just leave me alone!" I said loudly. He tried to talk, but was cut off once again. "She said leave her alone." We both look behind Alex to see Sam. I sighed in relief. "Calm down Sam, I'm just talking to her." Alex rolled his eyes. "Yeah, that's not gonna happen, can't you see she doesn't want to talk to you?" He said as he walked over to me and stood next to my chair. "Chill Sam, or I'm gonna have to beat your a** just like I did in elementary and middle school." Alex smirked before walking off. I look up at Sam and see his jaw clenched. I place my hand on his arm and he looks down and his eyes softened. "What is he talking about?" I asked confused. "Nothing you don't need to worry about alright? It's in the past." He said gently. I just nodded and he wheeled me to our next class......

I was in the living room with Amelia and Alexis when daddy walks in. "Hey girls." He said a little nervously. "Hey dad." We all said. He sat on the couch and started bouncing his leg up and down quickly. "Daddy what's wrong?" Alexis asked as we all looked at him. "I have something to tell you girls." He said. We all stopped what we were doing and looked at him...

"I have a girlfriend."