Age is just a number, after all. (Chapter 9)

"What exactly do you mean by that?"

"Well, it means that I can spend the whole day with you and do that, for example."

He flipped you over and kissed you.

You blushed again. "I... I see."

Mr. Harket grinned and kissed your forehead.

"I'd like to show you how much I adore you."

His hands gently ran up and down your arms, as he was seeking eye contact.

You, however, weren't really able to look into his eyes.

"I... uh...."

Your eyes ran from side to side frantically. You weren't sure how to react or whether you felt comfortable or not. You felt rather strange.

"Aren't you feeling well? You're not gonna fall unconscious on me again, are you?", he asked, gently touching your forehead.

"I'm not sure... I don't know..."

You felt like your face was heating up so much that it kept you from speaking out properly. You weren't sure whether you wanted him to notice your slight discomfort or not. It most likely wasn't hard to notice, anyways.

"Am I making you feel uncomfortable?"

Even though you'd been expecting it, these words hit you like a needle in the heart, a sharp, stinging pain. The difficulty wasn't that he was making you feel uncomfortable or wasn't, the difficulty was that you couldn't tell.

The feeling of attraction was present but at the same time, a feeling in your gut told you something else. Perhaps it was caused by some sort of paranoia.

The two of you were in your house, after all. Theoretically, your mother and little sister could come home any minute or second, in case they had forgotten something.

You felt his grip on you tighten.

"Am I causing you discomfort? Please, (y/n), I need to know."

You swallowed. Your throat felt a little dry and your heart started racing. You didn't want to but you'd have to give him the same answer as before.

"I... don't... know...", you stuttered and turned your head away.

Suddenly, you were pulled against his chest and his arms wrapped around you, holding you secure. His hand started stroking the back of your head comfortingly.

It felt like a hug you'd get as a child, when you were scared of something or crying because you had hurt yourself. It felt like finding yourself in the calming embrace of a parent or a guardian.

You felt his breath grace the tip of your ear every so slightly, while he was just holding you and tried to comfort you somehow. He didn't say anything for a long time.

However, somehow, this was exactly what you had needed. You still felt confused and unsure in some way but you started feeling less anxious.

After a few minutes he started talking again.

"Are you feeling a little better?", he asked in a low, husky voice as if not to disturb you.

You nodded and gave a small sound of approval, with your face buried between his shoulder and the crook of his neck.

A small sound of amusement mixed with relief escaped his throat.

"I'm glad to hear."

He paused for a few seconds.

"Would you like to tell me what worried you?"

You feared that your voice would give in but still found some last bit of confidence to speak.