Age is just a number, after all. (Chapter 4)

After Mr. Harket had left, you sat back down on your bed and continued to read. It became hard to concentrate. His words and his face wouldn't leave your mind. The feeling you had was strange. Why had he told you all of this? Hehad seemed to be surprised himself but you were confused about that. You didn't mind at all, though.

It was a good feeling to get some background information. It helped you develop consideration and sympathy for Jakob, which you had lacked until then. And you didn't want to fight. You wanted to get along. Now more than ever.

Hearing about how his mother had left made you feel very sorry for thinking about him badly and saying mean things about him to yourself. It felt wrong. Having a difficult past did not excuse being a bully; however, it had made you gain some hindsight.

You desperately tried to focus on your book but it didn't work. Mr. Harket may had left your house, but he didn't leave your head. What was that strange feeling you had about him? You couldn't identify.

When you finally gave upand realized that trying to read was no use, you put the book asideand decided to lie down on your bed and stare at the ceiling. Thatway you couldn't get hurt and your body could recover much better.

The questions and what he'd told you kept racing through your mind. And his face... how he'd looked at you. You couldn't wrap your head around it.Everything was so strange and mysterious, which made it even more interesting.

You were getting along well with your bully's father who seemed to be nothing like his son. Interesting.

As you continued pondering and staring at your ceiling, your phone buzzed. Lazily, you picked itup to look at the screen. Someone had sent you a message.

It was a text message from none other than Mr. Harket.

Hesitantly, you opened it.

"Hello,

I am deeply sorry that I have bothered you with my story. I wanted you to know, that I am not sure why I told you everything but I suppose I just wanted to give you some insight. After all, I'm still trying to help my son in this situation too, somehow. I hope I didn't make you feel uncomfortable. Please let me know.

- Morten Harket"

You smiled about how concerned he was. Then, you thought about what to answer.

"Hello Mr. Harket!

Don't worry, you didn't bother me at all. It was a nice chat and you gave me the chance to understand Jakob a little better. Please don't be too worried all the time. I'm glad that you're so caring, I don't take it for granted.

Whenever you feel like talking again, contact me.

Greetings"

After you had sent the message, you wondered whether the last part was really necessary. You feared it would make you look weird even though you just wanted to bekind and express your sympathy.

You facepalmed. What the hell were you doing. All of this was so weird.

A few minutes later, your phone buzzed again.

"Thank you so much for your kind reaction. I for sure don't take that for granted,either. I'm gladly accepting your offer to talk to you again. Please let me know how you're doing regularly. If you don't remember, I will just ask. I hope it doesn't bother you. I'm just really concerned, still."

How could a man you didn't really know be so kind? It wouldn't get inside your head.

"I will try to remember to give you updates every now and then. Thank you so much for your concern! Have a nice day."