Don't Underestimate Me

Chiriko's point of view

We walked to a room full of Leaf ninja, our team went in a line, Garra, Temari, Konkuro, and then me. We stood there in silence as the other competitors ventured into the room with cuts and bruises. I started to think about how im going to win the next fight, i continued to think till my thoughts were interrupted by a loud but warm voice.

" WELCOME, TO THE THIRD AND FINAL ROUND OF THE CHUNIN EXAMS!!!! "

Everyone started to quite down one by one, when the room was fully quiet the kind man began talking. But soon was interrupted by what sounded a sickly man. " Lord Hokage, i insist *cough* we have a round before the third exam *cough* just so we can filter out the less advanced."

" Very well, we are going to have a preliminary round." He said in a calm voice.

The other man began talking "Hello my name is Hayate Gekkō i will be your proctor, *cough* today you are going against one opponent so we get the best of the best of this batch *cough* when its time for you to face off with your opponent *cough* your name will come up on the digital screen right there *cough* now if you feel like you are not ready to commit or feel your not in the best shape please raise your hand."

At that moment i felt a on my shoulder and i looked up in surprise knowing whats going to happen next. " Are you sure you want to do this Chiriko, do you think that your're ready." by the tone of voice i could tell it was Konkuro, i knew he wasn't underestimating me i knew he was putting on an act i played along by saying, " O-of c-c-course i a-am." as i said that i looked down at the ground, i could hear people snicker and all i could do was smirk because they are in for a special treat.

" Okay *cough* pay attention to the screen *cough*"

We all looked at the screen above us as the yellow text switched through all the names of the competitors till they landed on, Sasuke Uchihs vs. Yoroi Akado.

The rest of us went up on platforms so we could watch the fights from above. As we finished going up the stairs we were met by Baki, he started to talk but i honestly dont care i found a spot on the floor and sat right on my bottom with my legs crossed.

I can't believe I'm acting like I am nervous I honestly am so exhausted for playing this character every time we go some place. I get lost in my thoughts until I hear Sasuke deliver his final move. Yoroi Akado came crashing to the ground leaving a rocky mess in the floor below him. Sasuke's teammates were cheering and I gave him a well deserved clap 👏. "Maybe this will be fun."

"what was that Chiriko?" Garra asked.

"nothing, Garra, nothing at all."

I could sense some one looking at me. This chakra I felt it before from a long while ago. It was someone I lost it was my old teacher Asuma. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"It's your turn Chiriko" Baki said with a monotone voice.

"of course" I said in the same tone.

I was going against Kabuto hmmm interesting. I made my legs shake along if I was nervous when really I didn't feel anything at all. Then the match begins.

I felt his chakra build up in his hand it was green which told me he was using medical techniques. A scalpel formed in his hand, he charges at me. I just stand there being as "nervous" as I can be. Then when he was meer inches away from me I vanished. Kabuto was a bit shocked, but didn't let his gaurd down it in fact it raised. He turned and blocked me punched I aimed for his neck. He squeezed my fist to the point his knuckles turned white. He kickes me to the ground.

"You might be fast, but you're not strong" Kabuto said coming towards me. That made me angry I shot up to my feet the bandage from my eyes fell off. My eyes started bleeding again my vision became blurry. " Don't underestimate me" I felt my chakra rush through my body. I take a deep breath. It's my move.

Asuma's pov

My past student... I can't believe what I was seeing she has grown so much. My young girl has become a powerful ninja. Her chakra it's massive. I never sensed anything like this before from her before. I watch her as she launched towards the grey haired ninja and punched him right in the jaw. I looked at her. She was beating him to the ground. She was pushed of by Kabuto. She gets up out of breath but I could tell she wasn't done just yet. What Kankuro said had gotten to her. The only emotion she could feel was anger. That makes me sad Asuma thought. Chiriko was on top of Kabuto hand on his forehead stealing his chakra. If this keeps up he's going to die. I look across the way to see if the sand ninja were going to do anything. They were all just staring with a blank stare.

I can't take this anymore! I jumped down and pulled Chiriko off of the grey haired nin. My arms around Chiriko restricted her from moving too much.

" THE WINNER IS CHIRIKO YAKASHI"

Kabuto was pulled away by medical ninja. Once he was out of sight I let Chiriko go. She collapsed to her knees I immediately went to her aid. She was out of breath her eyes covered in blood. She brushed my off saying " I don't need your help old man"

Chriko's POV

Asuma I felt him touch my back rubbing it. It reminded me of old times when we would train together. It felt comforting. I soon brushed it off jumping to my team soon after. Someone came to my aid cleaning the blood underneath my eyes. It was Garra. I never felt him be this gental with me before soon after that thought my face was stinging and it burned I was just slapped.

"Garra!" Kankuro yelled.

"you were supposed to act weaker Chiriko" Garra said in a menacing voice.

" don't tell me what to do." Chiriko finally said.