On My Block

"But Oscar can I please go out tonight." Valentina the baby sister of Oscar asked.

"No Valentina you can't, some shits going down tonight and I don't want you to be in the Street when it does." He said taking out a cigarette.

"But Oscar..." she pleaded once more. He didn't say anything. "Por Favor, papá." Valentina results to Spanish. She took the route of papa, hoping to apeal to his softer side. She often switches between calling him Oscar and Papa, due to the fact he is both, although he maybe not be her father she thought of him as one.

"Valentina I said no, and if you ask me again your not going to like what happens next." He said finally.

"Why does Cesar get to be in the Street and I can't?" She questioned arms folded.

He got up and swatted her three times. "What did I say." She pouted. He sighed heavily. As much as Oscar was an asshole to almost everyone around him and was a mean ass leader, he always treated his baby sister with class and patience. Being the fact is their father was a piece of shit and their mother died when they were very young, Oscar had to step up to be the father in her life. If you ask Valentina he was her father and her brother, Oscar could do no wrong in her life except for when he punished her, for acting wildly or disobeying direct orders.

"Cesar is a man and it's family tradition." He sat beside her and put his arms around her.

"Look at me." He commanded. She looked up. "I love you and I'll be damnned if anything happens to you, because you are out in that Street. You are my little princessá and I love you." He brought her head up. "If I catcheven a whiff of you out on the street I will whip our ass."

"Yes sir.." She said and looked down.

"I'm serious Valentina, if I find out your out your not here at the house, once I find you, I will catch you and then deal with you right where you are, and I don't care who is around, do you understand me?" He questioned again pointed toward her.

"Yes sir I understand

"Yes sir I understand." She grunted out. "Good, Now go get in the car, for school."

~

"Monse, Oscar said no about going out tonight." Valentina said as she walked into the building. "Did he really, he barely denys you anything, why this?" She questioned.

"He said... 'some shits going down and he doesn't want me on the street, where he doesn't have an eye on me'." She went to her locker. Cesar walked up.

"Hey Monse." Cesar kissed her. Valentina is the other other person that knows what going on between the two. She was all for it, Monse was good for Cesar.

"Lil sis.." He kissed her on the head.

"Hey Cesar." Valentina talked quietly. "Aweee still upset that Oscar said you can't go out tonight?" He rubbed her head.