CHAPTER 31

Nick's POV

It's been six months since Maci got into the accident and I thank God that she made it out alive, she had a few set backs along the way but she's still alive

It's been six months since Maci got into the accident and I thank God that she made it out alive, she had a few set backs along the way but she's still alive. About a month after she woke up out of a coma she was discharged and off the brace and was walking again.

My girl had our beautiful daughter Nicole and I couldn't be more than happy that she did cause that girl is a blessing and I love her more than anything in this world. I guess God wanted to shower me in blessings because Maci is expecting.

I didn't tell Toya yet, I didn't tell anybody really cause out of respect for Maci she didn't want anybody knowing. She practically isolated herself from everybody including me. Only time I see her is when we go to doctor appointments together or when I go and purchase something for the baby and drop it off.

I was waiting on her for our doctor visit today and I guess she was running late again. She hasn't gotten behind the wheel of a car since she was given the ok to drive so instead she catches Uber.

"Hey I'm sorry my Uber took the wrong exit and the traffic was crazy," she said while speed walking into the waiting room.

"Hey ma, it's ok they haven't call us yet."

"Maci king," the nurse called out.

We both got up quickly, I was excited because today we was gonna find out the gender of our baby and I was praying it was a boy. If it was; I think I'll be done with bringing any more babies into the world.

"Ok well I'll just be checking your weight and your height, and a few other things, Also I'll just have to ask you a few questions. Daddy you can stand right here," she said while pointing in the corner.

I don't know but today Maci was glowing and I was loving it, I loved it so much that she caught me staring at her a few times but I didn't care.

"What, why you looking at me like that," she started blushing, "you making me feel uncomfortable when you do that."

"I'm sorry you just look different today, I can't help but stair at you."

"Awwwwa you guys are so cute, I think he's trying to tell you your glowing and you look beautiful," the nurse said while checking Maci's pressure. "I'm sorry for getting into y'all business like that I just couldn't help but to say something."

"No no it's ok because that is what I meant I'm happy you got the words out for me."

I ain't gonna lie I missed this girl like crazy, but after that day in the hospital when Toya over heard what I was saying to Maci I made a promise to Toya that I wouldn't make visits to Maci without her by my side. That made things between me and Maci awkward and we just decided to stay away from each other, but then she found out she's pregnant.

"Ok everything seems to be normal, I'll just walk you guys this way to where your doctor will come see you. Also can you put this on for me please, Dr.Burrows will be with you shortly," she said while handing Maci a disposable gown and leaving the room.