{chapter 22}

[madelaine's pov]

i learned 2 things last night. 

1. vanessa is a damn good kisser

2. charles is a damn liar

maybe if i had stated my opinion on their relationship a long time ago i wouldn't be in this situation. vanessa and i could be happy and together.

but i lost my chance, so i have to roll with whatever punches come my way from this.

 i walked into the lunch place vanessa told me to meet her at and saw her in the far corner waving me to come down.

"hey, i was kinda scared you weren't going to come," she said as i sat down in the seat across from her 

i giggled "i would never bail on you silly"

she looked down at the menu and laughed. i have never realized how adorable she is but wow she's adorable.

"hi i'm marissa and i'll be your waitress today. is there anything I can-" the waitress looked up from her notepad and gasped, "your vanessa morgan," she pointed to vanessa as she giggled, "and your madelaine petsch! no way this is happening to me! i love riverdale so much! are you guys on a date?"

i choked on the air while vanessa looked back down at her menu awkwardly

"no," i tried to cover up, "we're not on a date. just two gals being pals."

"well," the waitress began in a lowered tone, "on behalf of like all of your fans, you guys would be the cutest couple ever. we all ship it."

vanessa completely hid her face into her menu, while i looked at marissa in shock. did she indirectly answer one of my biggest fears? i was always afraid that the fans wouldn't accept us, i know there are some die-hard travis and madelaine shippers out there. does this mean that vanessa and i could actually happen?

"well," i coughed, trying to come up with a way to respond to marissa, "we're glad that you're enjoying the show so much, but vanessa and i are just really good friends."

marissa looked like she was mentally slapping herself in the face, "i'm sorry, that was rude of me to ask questions about your personal life, though my statement still stands, what can i get you to drink?"

"waters for both of us pl-"

"how big of a glass of alcohol can you give me?" vanessa interrupted, finally moving the menu from her face.

"i can make a drink and put it in a water glass" marissa responded

vanessa nodded her head, "i'll take that then." 

i shook my head at vanessa and her antics, "i'll still take water."

marissa finished scribbling down our orders and smiled, "i'll be right back with your drinks."

we both smiled as she walked away and then turned back to each other. 

"what a segway, am i right?" i chuckled

"at least we know we don't have to worry about fan judgment."

"yeah."

"so i think you already know where i stand, i still have feelings for you mads. and i love kissing you and being with you, just everything about you. and even though we don't have hate from fans to worry about anymore, we still have to think about our friends and both of our boyfriends."

"which is why we take things slow and keep it on the low." i smiled at my rhymes.

"here is one of our customer-favorite drinks in a water glass for you," marissa said as she set down a glass of an orange-colored drink in front of vanessa, "and water for you." she set down my water and picked up her notepad again, "are you guys ready to order?" 

"i think we still need time" vanessa responded, looking at marissa with a smile.

"then i'll leave you two to look." she grinned, walking away again.

"are you sure you want to do this mads? what if this ruins our friendship or our friendships with other people?"

i reached for her hand under the table, and looked at her with a huge grin, "life's about risk, and vanessa, you're worth it."

if vanessa was any lighter, i'd be able to see the huge blush that she had to be wearing right now and in response to her smile i grinned even harder.

"so what do you say? ready to take a risk?"

"so ready." 

a/n: it'll get better promise, just gotta get back into the groove of writing this story. but i thought that with corona leaving me in the house with nothing to do and travis and madelaine (sadly :( ) breaking up, why not continue this story. more to come soon.  

talk to me about your feelings about their breakup and corona, i wanna hear it allllll

love you guys endlessly