Chapter 16: Hotel California

"Alright he helped you, yippy, now can we get settled?" Gavin rolls his eyes at the asshole stirring the pot.

I take my seat next to the window and Gavin takes the one next to me. "I'm sorry about that guy." I've noticed that Gavin is a lot like me, always saying sorry, and he most likely says thank you too much as well.

"No need to apologize, that guy is just a dick. Not your fault."

The word just slipped, but I'm not trying to hide who I am just because he's a new acquaintance. I respect him, it has nothing to do with that. If I curse around someone, it shows that I am comfortable with said person. Gavin laughs at my comment, thank god.

I reach for the seatbelt and can't find the other end, looking over I see that Gavin is sitting on it. This is awkward. Hey you're sitting on my seatbelt, let me just reach under there real quick. No, can't do that, that's assault. "Uhh, you are kind of sitting on my seatbelt..." Gavin looks at me dumbfounded until what I said finally sinks in.

"Oh shit, let me get that for you...Unless, you want to fish for it yourself.", I'm totally kidding, he didn't say that second part at all, but I was kind of hoping he would. He leans over my way and I catch a whiff of his strong cologne. How did I not notice before how good he smells? It's like heaven, if heaven even has a smell. A really expensive cologne, god I can't even describe it. I just want to bathe in the scent and never let it leave my skin.

"Smells so good.", seductively, almost like I'm turned on. I didn't mean to say that out loud!

"Sorry, what did you say?" I think he heard me, but wants to make sure that's what I actually said.

"I said, Elves feel good." What the flying fuck? Elves feel good?! That's worse than smells so good! Come on Sydney! Get your head out of your ass and act like a normal human being.

"Are you okay, Sydney?" No, far from it as it seems.

"Oh yea, that was a movie reference." Bologna, he's going to catch you. You liar!

"Oh, what movie?" Quick, think of something, anything he won't know the difference.

"Elves in New York." Oh my god, his face calls bullshit. Please don't call me out. Please if there is a god, save me!

"Never heard of it, sounds...interesting." Phew, yea just keep thinking that pretty boy.

"Yea don't watch it, it's not worth it. The movie only plays around Christmas time on the Hallmark channel. Just weird, I don't recommend it." He nods his head. Thinking  I'm the weirdest girl ever. I mean he is so perfect, sweet and all. I look a total mess where he looks ready to take on the world.

To avoid any weirder confrontations, I buckle myself and look out the window. We are just about to take off. When we do the turbulence jolts us a little. I look out at the buildings, flying over the lake, it's so beautiful. We then nose dive into the sky. Taking us higher and higher until we are in the clouds. It's different, seeing the clouds like this, being so close to them. I want to just lay on one, soft as cotton. That's so not realistic which shatters my dreams. The sun peeks out, shining bright this morning.

I glance over at Gavin tapping fingers on his lap before taking out his laptop. I should have brought something productive. Oh, what the hell. I'm just going to take a little nap to speed things up.

The flight attendant comes by and asks Gavin if he would like a beverage. I can hear a hint of flirtation in her voice. Who could blame her though? The man is a god. Most likely a sex god too. Want to find out? I tell my thoughts to shut it. I am NOT joining the mile-high club. She doesn't bother to ask me if I need anything, which is fine considering I'm not parched, or hungry anymore. I lay my head against the window and close my eyes.