Chapter 23: Sky Zone

Getting dressed, I step into my shorts one leg at a time. A cotton black crop top drapes across my chest, covering half my stomach. Jason stands up immediately, putting his boxers and jeans on. Astonishment all over his face, obviously wanting an explanation.

I feel dirty. Dirty because I let him back in so easily. I should've made him work for it. Filthy, how I wasn't strong enough to reject him. Don't get me wrong, I wanted this so bad. I don't regret anything. In fact I think it brought us closer together. I just think it happened too fast. Definitely took me by surprise.

Jason eyes the luggage that rests against the hotel door

Jason eyes the luggage that rests against the hotel door. "Where the fuck are you going? You're already running away?", he accuses. I laugh. A smile makes itself comfortable on my peachy face. I'm not going to argue anymore, I'm over it. It's time to go back to Axel, the person that needs me most.

"I'm not running. You showed up out of no where. I'm going home to Axel, although he doesn't know that yet.", I explain. Hopefully he'll understand. Shoulders slouch, chest still bare, he glides his fingers across the scruff on his face.

The green flannel I was wearing earlier is perched on one of the hotel chairs. I reach for it, fighting to put it on. Jason steps closer and opens the flannel for me. So I can put my arms through the sleeves. "Can't believe you still have this old thing.", he mutters under his breath.

Whatever he said wasn't meant for my ears. I spin around right away. "What did you just say?" Not sure if I heard him right, but there's only one person who truly knows the story behind this shirt. That person is Chenelle. After the coffee incident at Carl's Bakery, I couldn't contain it anymore. I had to confide in someone, and Chenelle was the perfect contestant.

Ever since that day, I've been waiting for my handsome stranger to return. Sadly, I haven't seen him since that day. I don't know if I will ever see him again, but at least he's in my memories. Guess I should forget him now, Jason is in the picture.

"Nothing, never mind.", Jason tries to cover up what was unraveled. Although I'd love to press him more to tell the truth, I can't. I still have to get a flight out to PA. Kind of surprised that Chenelle didn't check up on me. Makes sense nonetheless, came here to get away, but I'm going right back. Enough with the selfishness, thinking of myself and how I spent the evening with Jason. This could be our last encounter, since we keep leaving one another.

Interrupting my thoughts, Jason's deep soothing voice kicks in, bleaching the room with purity. "When are you leaving? And how the hell are you going to get there?" Ok maybe he isn't so pure, but his voice sounds like it so, close enough.

"I-I still have to buy a plane ticket back home..I was going to do it sooner, but you and I made other plans.", admitting embarrassed, face heated and red. Jason's face fumes with anger, a look of disbelief. Eyebrows furrowed, his jaw clenched.

Gray eyes return to midnight with a star twinkling in each. He runs his hand through his messy brown hair. That's my fault, I ruined his perfectly gelled hair. Bed head looks sexy on him, or should I say after sex?