Chap. 3

When we get to Luke's house Michael turns down the music and turns off the car. We get out and head toward the front door.

 I watch Michael ring the door bell and a girl comes to the door. Michael grins and hugs her. I stand there awkwardly and then Luke comes up.

 "Whoa there Michael paws off my girl." he says hugging the mysterious girl from behind and resting his head on her shoulder. She smiles. 

 " Nope, she's all yours Hemmings." Michael replies. 

" Is that Bethany?" Luke smiles. I grimace. 

"Yeah, she was forced to come." Michael says.

" Haven't seen you in a while, its been what? 4 months? everytime I come over your not home." he says.

I force a smile and apologize and say i've been "busy." I really just try to avoid Michael's friends all together. I hate them. They took my brother away from me. Especially in freshman year when I was depressed because I felt unwanted no friends, busy working parents, and Michael wont listen because he need to go out with friends and have his time. I sound needy but I was so sad I just needed someone. To help. To understand. Michael tried to help to a certain extent he even offered to let me go places with him but Luke, Ashton, and Calum didn't want Michael's little sister hanging around so Michael just gave up on me.

 I get drawn out of my thoughts by Michael asking me if I was coming. I nod and follow the mystery girl and Luke to a room. The living room i'm guessing. I see Ashton and Calum talking about something on the couch. 

 Michael and Luke go to talk and set up their instruments. The mystery girl comes over and smiles at me     she is really pretty with ombre hair and green eyes.

   "Hi, I'm Chloe, Chloe Knight. Luke's girlfriend. You must be Bethany, Michael's sister?" she asks.

I smile she seems really nice and like someone I would hangout with.

 "Yep that's me! So how long have you and Luke been dating?" I say trying to make small talk.

" About a year, he's great. Do you have a boyfriend." she ask and I start laughing.

" Nope." I say dryly.

"Rea-" she gets cut off by the boys starting to play a song.

                                                                                  ***

 The boys finished the rehearsal and I had to admit they were really good. Ashton stands up and pronounces he's bored. I laugh and Calum looks at me and we make eye contact. The first time we've made eye contact since i've been here. He gives a small smile and I feel my cheeks turn pink. I mentally  slap myself.

 " Lets play truth or dare!!" Ashton practically yells. 

We all agree and get in a circle on the floor. I had a bad feeling about this playing truth or dare with people I barley know but I decide to give it a chance. You never know it may be fun.