Chap.17

As soon as I end the conversation with Chloe I head to my room to get ready. I'm freaking out. I think May has a key to our house. I remember giving her one in case there was ever an emergency. 

 I decide that i'm not going to take a shower because I don't want to not be able to hear the door open if it does. I head to my closet and grab a black Ramones t-shirt and a pair of light wash jean shorts. 

 I pull the shirt over my head and tuck the front into my shorts. I check my outfit and smile. These are my favorite outfits, the casual outfit that doesn't take much work. 

 I throw on some concealer and eyeliner and then I pull my hair into a high pony tail. I grab my Vans and my phone and head downstairs. 

                                                                               ****

When Chloe knocks on my door I check to make sure it was actually her. I walk out front and she gives me a mischievous grin.

"So Beth, I heard you went on a date with Calum and met his parents." she says.

" Yeah, who told you?" I ask confused.

" Well Ashton told Luke and Luke told me." she smiles.

"Yeah his parents are really nice." I say while putting on my seat belt.

" I know I met them about a month ago. They seem cool." Chloe replies.

I like Chloe she reminds me more of myself. She is nice and likes the same bands I do. The thing with May was that she never really liked the same music or anything as me. Now that I think about it did we have anything in common? I mean other than hating the preps and getting bullied? 

" Speaking of Ashton," Chloe says interrupting my thoughts. " he said something was going on with your friend?" she asks. I look at her face she looks truly concerned. Like she was worried. 

I decide to tell her everything that happens and she listens to me. I tell her how scared I am and how I can't relax. She tells me she understands.

I finish my story as we pull up to the mall. 

"Well Beth, what do you say we forget about this girl and go shopping?" 

"I'd love too!" I smile widely.

                                                                            ******

We walk around the mall and look in different stores. I got some perfume from Pink and a drink so far. Chloe hasn't gotten much either this mall kinda sucks. 

My heart stops when I see a familiar face. May was standing by a kiosk. Smiling like she was up to something. I look at her then at Chloe but when I go to look back at her she's gone.

 " Chloe, we gotta go! I just saw May." I nearly scream. 

A few people give us weird looks but we ignore them 

" Are you sure?" she asks.

"Yes." I say. 

 " OK lets go." she says walking towards the entrance. I walk next to her, fear making me feel sick.

We run to Chloe's car and get in quickly. This is crazy. May is insane. Calum is just a boy. She needs to calm herself. 

Chloe looks at me and see's I'm shaking. I feel like I could cry. 

" Hey, Beth it's okay. It's OK we'll go to Luke's and call Calum to come over and we'll all hang out and it will be okay."  she says and I cant tell if shes trying to convince me or herself. 

I try to smile but it comes out more like a grimace. 

" Hey it will be ok-"  thats the last I hear before I turn to see May's car swerving into Chloe's crushing us and Chloe screaming.

Everything goes dark and I hear sirens. I feel pain in my leg and arm but everything else feels numb. I drift off into a complete pit of blackness.