2.9

do people actually even like this story??

the doorbell goes off as im walking into the living room, i then start to run to the door and open it to be met with a smiling calum.

"you look absolutely gorgeous!" he exclaims as he looks me up and down.

i blush as i give him a hug, "stop it."  

"no, i will never stop telling you how gorgeous and amazing you are."

i just roll my eyes and ask if hes ready to go. when i hear a yes i close my door and follow him to his car. he opens the door for me and i giggle as i get in.

"are you excited? its our first official date of us being together!" he bounces slightly in his seat as he puts the car in drive.

"so excited babe," i say with a smile. "i can't wait to do all this with you!"

"me too." he looks at me while biting his lip and i can't help but feel all tingly inside. 

--

we finally reach the small restaurant and i can't help but smile at how cute it is. "this is absolutely the cutest thing ive ever seen! how did you find this?"

"i looked up cutest places to eat near me and this came up." he says with the cutest little laugh.

"well, thank you. for taking me on this date." i say blushing.

"its nothing babe, i want to do all this for you. its what you deserve." he says genuinely while wrapping an arm around me as we walk into the building. i look up at him with a gentle smile and i kiss his shoulder, as he is a lot taller than me.

"hello, welcome to the pearl! just the two of you today?" the young hostess asks us as we reach the desk.

"yes, just us." calum smiles at her as she responds with follow me.

"is this table okay for you guys?" 

"yes, thank you." we both reply at the same time.

"okay great!" she hands us our menus before walking away.

"it's even better from the inside!" i say to calum as he opens his menu.

he looks up to glance around the room, "it really is, but it doesnt even begin to compare to the beautiful girl in front of me."

"stop!" i giggle as a blush grows on my face. i look down at the menu to look at their drink items.

"i think i'm going to get a diet coke, what about you?" i ask calum.

"i was thinking of just getting a water." he says looking at the food items.

i nod before looking at them myself. my eyes wander the page before they reach the lasagna. lasagna is a gift from heaven in my opinion and the fact that this cute little restaurant makes this makes it ten times better. 

i look up to see a man approaching our table.

"hi, my name is john and i will be your waiter for today. what can i start you guys with today?"

"i will just have a water and my beautiful girlfriend over here will have a diet coke." calum says to the man.

"okay great! i will be right back with those."

"thank you." we both mumble to him.

"you didn't have to order for me." i say while looking at him.