3.3

okay so idk where i'm going with this right now butttt we will see????

a few weeks after the meeting with angie's parents, angie gets a call from her mother sara.
"mom?" angie asks, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"angie, hi! i didn't think you would pick up." sara says back, seeming happier than she was during their last encounter.
"why wouldn't i of?"
"i don't know hunny. i just wasn't sure considering how our last hangout went."
"oh. that wasn't your fault mama. don't blame yourself."
"i know baby. it's just, i feel so bad about how your father and i have treated you. especially me, i should of been there for you. i should of stopped him. but i was scared. i was so scared. i had no clue what to do or how to stop him. i'm so so sorry." she blurts out, as if she's been holding it in for way too long.
"it's okay mama, i forgive you. i understand what you were going through." angie says back, while tearing up over the fact that her mother now is apologizing to her, eight years later.
" i have something to tell you angie. it's why i called."
"what is it? did something happen?" angie starts to worry.
"i think it's better to tell you in person. can i come over?"
"of course. i am staying at calums currently, i can text you the address. is it just you? or is john coming as well?"
"it's just me this time dear." she says with a heavy sigh.
"okay mama, i'll see you when you get here."
"see you then." her mother responds before hanging up.
while quickly texting her mother calums address she yells out to cal, "my mom is coming over soon, make sure you are ready!"
"what's it for?" calum says as he walks into the bedroom, where angie has been sitting.
"i'm not sure. she says she has something to share." angie says as she gets up to put something decent on, rather than her underwear and calums t-shirt.
"oh, okay. i'll go clean up the kitchen and living room for you."
"thank you cal." she says before giving him a quick kiss.

~~

angie was sitting in the kitchen when the doorbell rang, indicating that her mother is there. she goes to answer the door, and when she does she's surprised to see her mother with some flowers.
"oh angie! your baby bump is starting to show! do you know what the gender is yet?"
"hi mom! thank you for the flowers, and no. we don't know the gender yet." angie says as she goes in for a quick hug. "please, come in!"
angie's mother walks past her into the cozy home. as she's doing this calum walks into the living room, where they are now standing, with some cookies.
"hi mrs. christie! would you like a cookie? i made them just for you." calum says as he takes the flowers from her to take into the kitchen.
"oh, sure. thank you calum." she says as she takes one from the plate.
"mother, come sit down." angie says as she takes her mother's hand and leads her to the couch.
once they sit down angie turns her body to face her mother who suddenly looks very devastated.
"what's wrong mom?" angie asks concerned, as she still has a hold of her hands.
"well um, your father and i had a huge disagreement the other day." she says, tearing up. "i'm afraid that he isn't apart of my life anymore."
angie looks at her mother shocked, "you mean, you guys for divorced?"
"yes. we just signed the papers before i came over here. i thought you should be the first one to know."
"i'm so sorry mom. i know how much you loved him." angie says looking down at her cracking nail polish on her toes.
"oh hunny, that love died years ago. your father has turned into a horrible man and i've just been blinded by some obsession to see it."
"obsession?"
"well i grew up not finding many people who would be interested in me. so when i found john, i was in love with him. but i was also obsessed with the fact i was in love with him. i had never felt that way before and i felt like i was on top of the world. but as i got older, that love died away and soon enough it was just me being obsessed with what was coming out of that relationship. i loved the date nights, the gifts that would be given to me, how he would pay for most things. it made me feel like he really truly cared. but i've started to go to therapy and my counselor has helped me see that i'm no longer in love. and i'm glad she did."
"oh mommy, i love you so much. i'm so sorry you went through that." angie says leaning over to hug her poor mother.
"it's okay baby. it's a lesson learned. one i'll never forget. i just want to be more present in your life now, considering i haven't been very present the last ten years. i want to be there for you, calum, and the baby. i hope you will let me into your life with loving and open arms." her mother looks at the ground with tears in her eyes, scared of what angie will say. she would understand any choice that is made but she hopes it's one that makes her happy.
"of course! i'm so happy that you have gotten better. please, i want you in the babies life. and i want you in mine and calums. i love you so much."
"i love you too."
as they go in for a hug calum comes into the room.
"hey, lunch is ready if you guys want some." calum says interrupting the sweet moment.
"thanks calum, we will be there in a moment." angie says, not letting go of her mother.
as they are hugging, angie sits there with tears welling in her eyes. she wishes 16 year old angie had this in her life. but she couldn't be more thankful that she has it now.

well it's short but it's something i guess. wow i really suck at this. in like fourth grade i could write like 16 pages worth of story to read in front of the class. and now i can't even do anything close. smh i certainly have not became smarter.