22

zachs pov

i stay in the hospital for 2 days longer and then we all go back home. today is the first day of school after everything that happened and im pretty nervous. i wonder how jack is gonna act around us? also corbyn and daniel? i really liked them before, so i hope we can be friends again. 

i hear my phone ping. its jonah. hes giving me a ride to school. i run downstairs and yell bye to my mom before slamming the front door shut and hopping into jonahs car.

'hey!' he says and i kiss him on him lips. 

'hi! did you text jack? are you like friends now again? do i have to be friends with him?'

'yeah i guess. i dont know about corbyn and daniel though. theyve been distant, jack said. i bet theyre secretly hooking up.' he says as he drives away.

'you think?' i say. i wonder. we pull up to school and as soon as we step out of the car we are greeted by jack. 

'hey guys! whatsup?' he says like nothing ever happened. 

'uh hi.' i say. 

'hey jack. have you heard anything from corbyn and daniel recently? i thought you guys where still friends?' jonah says as we walk into the school.

'yeah i dont know, they have been kind of distant.' jack replies. 'i think theyre fucking.'

i cant believe this guy. at first he bullies me til im physically hurting myself and the next hes promoting it?

'how-how are you so okay with this all of a sudden, jack?' i ask, my voice kind of shaky as im thinking back to the times he hurt me.

'im sorry zach. i just learned to accept it. i realised i was a big dickhead. im really sorry.' he says while looking down at his shoes. jonah looks at him and then at me. then he wraps his arm around me. 

'i guess i accept your apology. but i just want you to know that the things you did where really hurtfull. i mean, i almost died.' 

'i know, and again, im so sorry.'he says. 'can you give me another chance?'

'sure.'

the rest of the day goes normal until we get to lunch. when we walk into the cafeteria the first thing we see is corbyn and daniel, holding hands! we rush over to them and they explain theyve been hooking up all break.

'hey you guys wanna hang out at my place tonight?' jonah asks. everyone says yes of course. 

im so happy everything is back to normal. 

a/n i hope you guys liked this book! its kind of a weak ending but i suck at endings! see ya in my next book!