My Growing Heart Chapter 8

We arrived at the station and told the Chief what happened.

"He got away!?"

"He was to fast sir." Espio said. The Chief sighed a little.

"At least the girl was safe. Good job."

"Thank you sir."

"We'll try again tomorrow night but please try to be prepared this time."

"Yes sir."

"Good. You're dismissed." We nodded and walked away. I saw Derek walking by and I walked towards him.

"Derek?"

"What do you want?"

"Please just tell us who the murderer is. It could be useful and all the girls can be safe again."

"Again, I do things my way, you do things your way."

"Ugh! Can you at least give me a clue? Just one?"

"Fine. Let's just say that he's closer than you think."

"What do you mean by that?"

"That's all I have for you today. Goodbye." Derek said as he walked away.

"Wait! Ugh! We'll never catch the murderer if he doesn't tell us."

"Just leave him. Come on. We better get home."

"Alright." Bliss and her friends returned home and went to sleep. The next day, Bliss was starting to miss Shadow so she decided to call him.

"Hello?"

"Hey Shadow."

"Hey Bliss. What's up?"

"Nothing much. I just miss you."

"You miss me?"

"Y-Yeah. So I was wondering i-if you wanted to go with me to the cafe."

"Sure."

"Great! I'll see you soon!"

"Bye." Bliss hanged up and began to get ready to meet up with Shadow.

When Bliss arrived, she noticed that Shadow hasn't arrived yet so she sat down by a table and waited for him. Suddenly, she saw Espio walked in.

"Hey Espio."

"Hey Bliss. What are you doing here?"

"I'm waiting for my friend."

"Might if I sit here with you?"

"Sure." Espio sat down in front of her.

"So who's this friend of yours?" Before Bliss could say anything, she heard someone clear his throat. They both turned their heads and saw Shadow standing there.

"Shadow!" Bliss got up and hugged him while he hugged back.

"Espio, This is Shadow. A new friend of mine who just came into town."

"Hello."

"Hey."

"So you guys hungry? I can order some snacks."

"I'll take mine to go because Charmy wanted some donuts."

"Alright." Bliss paid for the food and gave some to Espio.

"Thanks. See ya later."

"Bye." Espio left the cafe. Shadow sat down and looked at her.

"So why do you want to meet me here?" Bliss looked into his eyes and blushed.

"I-I wanted to spend some time with you."

"Oh is that so?"

"Y-Yeah."

"You sure it wasn't for this?" Shadow leaned in and kissed her deeply. Bliss widened her eyes blushing like crazy.

Her heart started pounding faster and faster. Bliss slowly kissed back. Shadow pulled away and smirked. Bliss was still blushing.

"W-Why did you..."

"After what happened from the bar, I felt different. My heart was growing every time I saw you. I realized that you were truly the one for me. I love you Bliss." Bliss was totally shocked but then she smiled a little.

"I love you too." Shadow and Bliss kissed deeply and enjoyed their time together at the cafe.

Here's a sneak peek for the next Chapter:

Bliss: You should come with us!
Espio: Oh no.
Charmy: We're in big trouble now.

What's gonna happen next? Find out soon on Chapter 9. Have a nice day. Author out ❤️❤️❤️