21) TMZ Article

First Poster Release for 'SpiderMan: Homecoming' and Release Date

For months, fans of the Spiderman series have been anxiously awaiting more news about the new reboot of the franchise

For months, fans of the Spiderman series have been anxiously awaiting more news about the new reboot of the franchise. And now Marvel fans are in a frenzy after the release of the first official poster for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'.

Two images have been released side by side, displaying Tom Holland as Peter Parker and Lili Reinhart as what can now be confirmed as Gwen Stacy. Fans have been speculating Reinhart's role since her announcement of joining the cast and they couldn't be more ecstatic. Many have taken to social media to express their joy.

Reinhart has blown up into a world wide name since her prime time debut as Betty Cooper in the CW's Riverdale. And her status has only soared since her addition to the MCU universe.

It looks like Marvel will not only be going with the addition of Stacey, but also her superhero alter ego 'SpiderGwen'. Fans are theorising how Reinhart fits into the plot, but only time will tell.

The release date has been set for June 28 and the trailer will drop at Comic Con in two weeks. The cast will be coming together in Hall H, the biggest crowd bringing hall at all of Comic Con.

In the comments below, tell us about your excitement for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'.