66) The Proposal

Lili was a little confused when she stepped out of her hotel room, dressed in the clothing Tom bought for her. It was a knee length silky dress, with the bust made of this beautiful stain black and white floral material. It was genuinely a gorgeous garment and she couldn't help but smile at how much he knows her and her taste of style.

Walking to the elevator, she steps in and goes to press the ground floor button, but sees it's already lit. There's another couple in the elevator, but they're too lost in their own romance to recognise her, which was a relief. Descending down to the lobby, the doors soon open up and they exit the elevator.

Making her way over to the front door, the uniformed employee opens it up, who she thanks quickly. Out front is a sleek black Audi, with a uniformed man holding a placard with big black letters says, 'Reinhart'.

"That would be me." She states, walking towards the man.

He nods his head and turns, opening up the door. She goes to slide in, sitting on the warmed, black leather seats. Smoothing out her dress nervously, the man closes the door and climbs into the driver's seat soon after.

He starts up the car and they begin to drive in through the busy street. Lili raises an eyebrow quizzically and looks towards the man, "Do you know where we are going?"

"I was requested to keep it a surprise, Mam." He states.

She nods and gives him a tight smile before looking out the window. They're in the car for awhile, and soon they are out of the hustle and bustle of the main streets. These streets are still heavily populated, but not too bad. The driver makes a right turn and soon Lili recognises a familiar place up ahead.

This was the place Tom took her on their first official date, the thought warming her heart. They hadn't been able to get back in here for awhile, and she missed the delicious food. The driver soon pulls up and the familiar face of Tom's security guard stands out front. He opens the door as they pull up and smiles at her, "Hello, Miss Reinhart."

"Hello, Shawn." Lili replies happily.

She climbs out of the car and notices how empty the place looks despite the normal long lines waiting outside. She raises an eyebrow, but doesn't say anything.

"This way." Shawn says, gesturing for her to follow him inside.

She does so, as he pushes open the beautiful oak doors, revealing the empty restaurant inside. She could hear the usual kitchen noises, but was confused as to why there was no other paying customers.

A woman at the front desk smiles, "Hello, Miss Reinhart. Mr Holland has reserved a private table outside in the garden."

Growing more confused, Lili gives her a polite smile and follows Shawn through the maze of tables and chairs and out towards the door leading to the back patio. But when she steps out, her breath hitches. Normally this area is packed with tables and bright lights, but today it looks different.

Thousands of fairy lights hang above, creating a beautiful canopy of stars for the couple. All the tables and chairs have been removed, allowing a smooth entrance towards the steps that descend towards the beautiful pond like structure below. There, she spots a table set for two, with cables and rose petals all around. And most importantly, the love of her life.

Tom's hands are clasped in front of him as his eyes soften on Lili. He had been here for an hour making the final touches and getting ready. Nerves racked through his body. However the moment he saw her, it was like they all went away and a sense of reassurance came over him.

"Tom, what is all this?" Lili whispers, looking around in awe at the beautiful scenery.

This is what she loved most about this place, was the beautiful flora surrounding her along with the tranquility of the water. Lili loved nature and took every chance she could to be out in it.