|Chp. 25: Becoming Stronger|

My mother always told me this. That no matter the size of your opponent you could beat them. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. At times their size may give them the advantage, but one thing always was sure.

You could become stronger. You could outsmart them, out maneuver them. What was their size if they couldn't catch you? Sure if they did it might be over, but if they can't, you can wear them and then take them down. Strength. My mother always told me to never get up and her lessons were so clear.

-Flashback-

"Silver." I looked up at my name being called as my mom came into the tent followed by Ebony. Ebony carried a large hare in her mouth who looked like it went through a warzone all torn up. Three more hung from my mother's belt as she came and sat down.

"That's a lot of food." I said and my mom smiled. But then I noticed something on Ebony. Her neck was bleeding. "Momma! Ebony's bleeding!" I said. Lupa's head snapped up at that as she raced over and climbed on top of her and began licking at the wound.

"It's ok Silver, she's fine. Just a minor injury." My mom said. "What happened?" I asked. "There was a bear. Just a brown bear and it wanted our hares. Ebony fought it off while I escaped with it. But she's fine, it's nothing too deep, and I'll patch it up." My mom said.

"Ebony fought a bear?" I asked. My mom nodded. "Aren't they bigger than us, how do we win against something bigger?" I asked and my mom smiled. "Silver sweetie, it's not about size, but the will of the animal." My mom said as I stared at her wide eyed.

"Ebony and I have you and Lupa, our puppies to feed. The bear wanted to feed itself. We wanted to feed you to make sure you grow big and strong. That alone gives Ebony the strength knowing Lupa needs her." My mom said and I watched her.

"So I could fight a bear?" I asked. "Not right now little one, your young, maybe a bear your age. But you have to ask yourself. . . what are you fighting for? Are you fighting just to fight and prove yourself and make yourself feel better because if so you will lose if your opponent has a purpose." My mom said.

"But if you have something. . . someone your fighting for that alone could push you through. Will you give in if they hurt you? Or will keeping the people you love safe matter more? Or avenging someone?" My mom asked as I stared at her wide eyed.

"Momma, Lupa and I want to be big and bad like you and Ebony. Ebony's so big and bad. Lupa wants be like her." I said. 'I will be, I'll be big and bad just like you mom.' Lupa said going into her little stalking stance one front paw lifted up.

"Oh my little one. You will one day, but you love need time to grow and become big and strong before you are like Ebony and I. Eat your meat and you'll become like us." My mom told me with a smile on her face and I nodded excited.

-End-

Those words haunted in my mind. I knew what she meant by that. No matter what the size was if you were determined enough you could win. Time went by as Quinn decided he would train harder and harder with Thaddeus, and Eden and Claw wrestled like beasts.

Once more Thaddeus and Quinn were out fighting. Quinn's muscles had grown.  His arms a bit larger and muscular. And I could feel it at night as well. Despite Quinn trying to be all ferocious at times, he was just a big teddy bear and enjoyed cuddling at night.

I had woken up numerous times with Quinn attached. And I could feel the added muscle in his arms now. Lupa enjoyed trying to take over though. Quinn tended to just push her to the end of the bed. And then go on with his day once more to make things easy on himself. But I could feel the muscle in arms as he trained each and every day. And it became more and more obvious that he was considering fighting to keep his sister away from the other kings sons.

And once more he was out with Thaddeus with a spear going at it brutally. The twos spear hit hard against each other bashing the spears. Quinn was quite savage in the matter as Eden and Claw wrestled for dominance as Lupa watched her ears perked up.

Eden side slammed Claw in brute force hitting him across. The two roared at each other as Lupa pinned her ears back at them. Thaddeus slammed the butt of his spear into Quinn's back and he went crashing down like a sack of rocks before rolling out the way and getting up and grabbing his spear.

And he pointed it at Thaddeus as the two lunged at each other once more. The two looked quite vicious at it. And then the spear struck the ground as Quinn hit it. And then he jut out his foot kicking Thaddeus before smirking a bit.

I smiled a bit them, but knew that it was getting much more aggressive in each strike that they did. The two were quite aggressive going strike for strike for strike not relenting one bit. And honestly I worried for their safety just a bit. They were going quite at it.

"Quinn enough!" Thaddeus finally said ripping the spear out of his hands. Quinn glared before surrendering at that point blowing white hair from his face. Despite the cold weather sweat stained his forehead before wiped it off. "Go clean yourself and come meet me at the dining hall." Thaddeus said.

Quinn motioned for me to follow him and we went back to the room where the servants ran him a hot bath the water steaming as he scrubbed his skin clean. I was brushing and braiding my hair once more before tying it with the ribbon that I left on his large wooden dresser.

And finally Quinn was out. . . and very naked. He had no qualms in it as I kept away from him glancing at back at him seeing nothing but pale skin before he finally got dresses. "Coming with?" Quinn asked and I nodded at that following behind me.

"Prepare for Thaddeus to berate me on how hard I am going and how I should take a step back. . . that's what's gonna happen." Quinn said and I nodded at that. "You are going quite hard." I told him. "I have to." Quinn said looking back at me.

"I'm not letting North marry one of those goddamn boys. It's not happening. And if I have to fight that prick I am not going down without a fight. I feel so stupid for leaving instead of just fighting his son. Could of taken him." Quinn said as I watched him.

There was so no convincing him out of it. "Why are you certain your going to lose. Your strong." I said. "I'm not surprised you think that. Orsen. . . he's well known to the polar bear kingdoms. My dad is probably the only one he could take him. And I don't know if either would even survive." Quinn said.

"Orsen in the war against the wolves tore through the pack like nothing. He killed at least twenty of them before my mom stopped him. He had the intentions to eliminate them. But my mom shows mercy unlike him." Quinn said and I nodded at that.

"Orsen he's savage. He's never been defeated before. My father won my moms hand due to killing the other rivals besides Orsen therefore earning her affection. Orsen didn't get the chance to even compete before she had him selected out. She's the only natural born ruling monarchy right now.

"Natural born?" I asked confused. "Orsen took his crown. It belonged to a corrupt polar bear king who was advancing his army on territories of numerous fox dens, wolf packs, a few bear spirits. He was about to declare war between polar bears and the rest." Quinn said.

"And Orsen was the one sent to kill him. And he took the crown with. The rest of the natural born royals died out. They get greedy. It's why the two kingdoms are so big, they've taken the territories over, now everyone is waiting on the day." Quinn said and I watched him.

"What day?" I asked and Quinn looked at me. "The day our kingdoms unite. It's why Orsen wants to marry North to one of his sons. Because Thaddeus it's undecided if he plans to be king, but if North marries his son the two kingdoms become one. With her as the ruling queen and his son as the ruling king." Quinn said.

"Oh." I said and Quinn nodded. "My mom use to tell me something when I was younger." I told him and Quinn nodded. "No matter how strong your opponent is you can always become stronger." I told him and Quinn watched me.

"And ask yourself this Quinn, what is he fighting for and what are you fighting for." I told him. "Because if you have a better reason, you'll have more will." And with that we went to Thaddeus as I left Quinn with the swirling thoughts I had given him.

1593. Ah, got to get this goin'! * * *