|Chp. 33: A Wolf Not a Bear|

All Quinn could feel as Orsen send him flying once more. He was more vicious than he thought. Quinn stood up and roared once more as Orsen charged him down. But this time he was ready catching himself as he ripped Orsen's helmet off.

The spiked helmet went clashing across the ice where his had been discarded when Orsen tried to bite his head literally off and got a mouthful of golden metal. Quinn using all his strength body checked Orsen off looking at the shredded chain meal beneath Orsen's armor, what he had done when Orsen pinned him down. And matching red marks on his stomach.

Orsen roared at him. Everyone watched the two predators surprised Quinn was still alive, but he was determine and hellbent on not losing this fight to Orsen. Once more Orsen charged him as Quinn braced himself for the impact yet again.

Despite him having a better chance of surviving the impact done by Orsen, Quinn could admit it still hurt badly. Orsen's body sent him back as his large claws dug into the ice leaving a thick mark as he slammed his body into Orsen's before biting his shoulder armor getting through some.

But then he was hit yet again. He knew North could barely watch at this point, but was no doubt being made to. To see her brother take hit after hit after hit in hopes he would lash out and some how overcome Orsen, but she knew the odds were low.

All she could hope for was that his death would be quick. But Quinn was refusing to go down easy. So the small glimmer of hope that he may pull through and be the one that came out the victor blessed North with it's presence.

Once more Orsen hit Quinn. 'You just going to block me cub?' Orsen finally asked. Quinn looked at him hoping he'd wear himself out with the charges and the combination of the wine he had drunk at the feast. But it wasn't doing Quinn much good, Orsen was fighting nastily.

No doubt blaming them for the death of Prim. Quinn knew that was one of Orsen's biggest problems, his eldest son dying and ruining the chance of any marriage between their families. North showed no interest in any of his sociopathic sons. Prim just happened to be a lucky one who was nice before he had been killed in the war between the bears and the wolf pack.

It made sense of the place as well. This was where the war took place and where Prim died. Orsen was powered by rage and the fact that he never even got to bury Prim.

All he saw was Prim being dragged off by numerous wolves as they ripped him apart. He wasn't sure why they blamed him though. Quinn hadn't even been there, he was young when it happened. Yet Orsen had never been the same since Prim's death, he had been hateful since.

And now Quinn was at the wrong end of it. 'You will die today, no matter how many times you block I will eventually snap your neck.' Orsen said and Quinn watched him. And he knew Silver would say it. 'Why don't you come over here and try to then.' And then Orsen charged.

***

He stood right there in front of me a bit of a smile on his face as a wolf corpse hung near his bear's form. Erick smiled. Of course they showed up. Ruby stood next to Hiro with Raegan on the side. They had tracked us down . . . and at a good time.

"You had been gone a long time, I came to see if everything was alright and you weren't considering quitting. Seems you are. . . taunting fellow wolves?" Erick asked in confusion as he stared at the now dead wolf as Raegan shook his head.

"It's not taunting. It's called they challenged me, I challenged back, they lost and were very sore losers about it obviously." I said in a glare to where the alpha no doubt sulked. "Where's Quinn?" Raegan asked. Quinn. "I have to get to him." I said. "Where is he?" Erick asked.