|Chp. 29: Kings and Queens|

Quinn was tense the day they had arrived. King Orsen along with his wife and sons. Once more they got a place to stay in the ice castle. North had filled me in on everything. An entire week would pass before the last event: the fight.

Before the war between the polar bears and the wolves they'd set the best fighters against each other. Sometimes it was to the death other times to submission. But recently with all the violent things going on it was leaning towards death. And this fight had everyone awake and aware.

Either the king of the other polar bear kingdom was going to die or the crown prince of this kingdom. Quinn. And nothing could be done about it unless war was to be raged. Either Quinn was fighting or war. The only other option was for North to marry Winter.

But I made it clear the distaste I had for this fruitless event. And once more it was happening. They were waging a hunt. And Quinn protesting like he always did made me have to come along. I trailed after him in Lupa's from tail raised up in the air.

The noises were all around me. Bear roars as they hunted and the crunch of snow. Cries of birds, rabbits, and many other animals. The first day had begun with the hunting event first. And so I followed Eden as he halted as a large moose appeared and I looked up stalking forward.

Hunting moose could be dangerous when the moose decided it didn't want to be hunted. But this one was injured. Somehow it had broken it's leg and was limping. Sure eventually it would recover from it, but Quinn had told me something about the hunt which made me determined.

The ones who brought in the best prey would be 'rewarded' in some sort of way. And moose were good prey. And so I stalked forward going down low before emerging from the brush as the moose's eyes met mine as it realized it's fate. With that leg it couldn't outrun me and the moose knew it.

But that didn't mean it had a desire to go down without a fight. When it braced it's antlers for me to come running my tail went up before I went charging in as it charged me as well. But I was faster than the moose with it's broken leg.

And I used that to my advantage dodging it's striking antlers as I nipped at it's ankles leaving wear and tear. I knew better than to stay in the moose's front. In the moose's front it could trample me and I wasn't about to let that happen.

Just as I tore some more on it a spear flew by nearly hitting me as it hit right in the moose's neck as Quinn came in quickly separating from Eden as Winter and a few of his brothers came out. Their bears trailed behind them as Quinn watched them closely.

"I believe your in front of our kill." Winter said. "As you saw we were hunting it." Quinn said. "But as you saw it was my spear that killed it, therefore our kill." Winter said as his brothers smirked at us. My hackles were on end as Winter's bear came up next to him.

Even if I wanted to separate from Lupa something told me not to. Sure they couldn't hurt Quinn since that would be war. Even if he wasn't up for the final fight of the event. He was the son of the king and queen of this kingdom, I on the other hand.

I had absolutely nothing protecting me except Quinn, and there was four bears and just Quinn. All I was to them was some wolf. "Now we're going to be taking it." Winter said. Quinn glanced at me. "I mean if your brave enough." Quinn said and Winter scuffed.

Once he neared I began growling at him. The growls were low and warnings to stay back. He rolled his eyes as the bear followed him. And then we were in a face off. I dared that bastard to get near this moose. I had wasted energy on it to bring it down.

"Get out of my way wolf." Winter responded and I growled. The bear rumbled at me it's claws digging into the snow as Eden watched. But I refused to move. Nope, not happening. He moved ripping the spear out of it's neck as he pointed the spear at me.