Does It Freak You out?

Liv and I decided we needed a mini vacation, so we headed to Athens for a spa day. Why we went an hour and a half out of town for a spa you ask, because its out of town. Chris left three weeks ago and he named his best man or should I say woman before he left. Everyone is confused as to why his best man is his best friend since childhood. I'm fine with it.

As Liv and I relax and wait for our turn in the mud bath room, we share a bottle of champagne. "So are you really ok with the idea of Chris having a best woman?" She asks. I knew it wouldn't take her long to question it. "Yeah I'm fine with it. I've met her and I adore her. She is also married with a lovely daughter. Not every childhood friendship involving a boy and girl turns out like me and Derek." I explain. "What's her name again?" I take the bottle from her and pour myself some more.

"Andrea. She goes by Andie though. When I was first in Boston with him and his mom was talking about him and Andie. I thought they were talking about a guy but then I met her and she is amazing. They act like siblings." She puts it to rest for a bit as we talk about other things and start laughing at the stupidest of things. 

"Ms. Bower and Mrs. Holt, your bath is ready." A petite woman says. We enter the room and once we're settled in with cucumbers on our eyes, Liv starts again. "Does it freak you out though? I mean she's in LA with him right now." He told me about it and so did she. She is also a realtor and there is a convention out there. I already attended it in Atlanta. "No Liv. Look he flies back in three days she will be with him. Once you'll meet her you'll know why it doesn't freak me out.

"Ok, but why not pick his brother or his friend Stefan. It's just weird." I throw one of my cucumbers at her. "Would it make you feel better if I asked Ryan to be my maid of honor?" I ask her. She removes her cucumbers and looks over at me. "No, but you've had me enough times." I toss some mud at her. "Bitch! I've only been married once. Oh and the fucking vow renewal. What a joke that was." 

A few hours later, back in our hotel room, we sit on the bed watching an older movie Chris starred in. "He was such a nerd. Does it bother Derek? You know Chris being in the movie business." I don't care if it does. He didn't take my feelings into consideration when he cheated. "I don't know. I mean it's not like I left him for Chris." Her cell rings and it's Ryan. He was gracious enough to watch the twins as well. Not like they need to be watched at fourteen, but imagine two fourteen year olds alone.

I call Chris, so I can say goodnight. It picks up on the fourth ring a woman says hello. I know who the woman is, Andie. Before I can say hello there's a commotion and I hear Chris. "Dammit Andie! I said don't answer my phone." I think he yanked the phone out of her hand. "Maggie, you there. I'm sorry." He says. "I'm here. What was that all about? I didn't get to say hello to Andie."

"I just didn't want you getting the wrong idea about me." He says. "What wrong idea?" I inquire. "I know you've been cheated on before and a girl answering my phone isn't cool." He admits. "Chris, I trust you and Andie. Besides you work with a myriad of women, stylists, assistants and makeup artists and probably more. Anyway I was just calling to say goodnight and I love you." He lets out a breath, "You're so chill man, I love you. You and Liv have fun?" We talk about the day and Liv's third degree. He tells me about his day.

"Your day sounds more productive than mine." I joke. "And yours sounds more relaxing. I'll be wrapped up here and home soon. I miss you and you should be getting some sleep, goodnight. I love you." He manages to make me smile over the phone miles away. "I miss you like crazy and I love you too." We hang up just as Liv ends her call.

"Are you excited to be married again?" Liv asks as we both grab a slice of pizza. "Nervous, really. I know Chris and Derek are nothing alike but anything could go wrong." She looks at me and rolls her eyes. "Mags, you have to be more positive than that. Chris loves you, and when we all go out his eyes are on you the entire time. Not once did he look at another woman. I know this will be it for you."