Kids

Shawn's POV
After I finished getting ready, Paul and I went downstairs. Like always, he was texting someone.

"Dude," I called, "Who are you texting?"
"No one," he replied, "Who you don't know."

I shook my head and smiled. We walked out of the elevator, the next thing I noticed was getting attacked.

"Daddy!" A little girl called.

I looked down and saw my one-year-old daughter, Cheyenne. Even my son,  Cameron, was here.
"Cheyenne!" I finally called back, "Cameron."

I looked at Stephanie.
"Did you do this?"
She nodded.
"Well, thank you Steph."

I couldn't wait for this day. Now, that I have Cameron and Cheyenne, nothing could ruin this.
...
Modesty's POV
We finally made it downstairs. Presley, like always, was jumping around. But when the elevator opened, Presley ran for it.

"Uncle Paul!" She yelled.

Paul turned around and picked up Presley.

"Hey," Paul greeted, "Where's Mom?"
"Right here," I said while walking up.
"Mommy's slow."
"Well, once your child turns six, then you'll know my pain."

Paul laughed. I lightly punched him in the shoulder. I looked at Shawn seeing him with his two kids.

"Mommy," Presley called, "Are you okay?"
"Huh?" I replied.
"I asked if you were okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking."

I was not okay. Seeing Shawn with his daughter reminded me of Presley's father, Jordan. Jordan always talked about having a daughter. How he wanted to name her Presley Rose. But Jordan died in an air raid attack in Afghanistan three months before Presley was born.

Sure I was only seventeen at the time, but it was hard. Shawn was the only person who was there for me when it happened. He and Presley both gave me some closure that day when she was born.  

"Modesty, we're leaving."

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, kid," Shawn said, "You alright?"

I nodded.
"Come on then."

I followed Shawn out the door. But before Shawn went out the door, he picked up his daughter. I couldn't help but smile.

"Oh, Cheyenne, this is my friend, Modesty. Modesty, this is Cheyenne."
"Hey there."
"Hi."

I could tell she's shy. But then again, she's only a year old. Reminds me of Presley when she met Mark.

Once we finally got into the car, Shawn and I turned and saw Presley with Cameron.

"Is she your daughter?" Shawn asked.
"Yeah," I replied, "Her name is Presley."