The Night After

Monday, April 3, 2006
Chicago, Illinois
Allstate Arena

Modesty's POV
Shawn managed to convince me to stay for Raw tonight. I wanted to try to avoid the talk with my father, but now that is not going to happen. Once we got to the arena, Shawn dragged me to where my father was at. 

"Shawn I do not want to talk to my dad," I complained. 
"No, no," he chuckled, "No complaining now. You are going to talk to him. Modesty, ever since I made my return, he has been talking non-stop about you."
"Really?"
"Yes."

We stopped as soon as we reached his office. 

"Now, go in there, talk to him. If you come out in tears, then I'm going to truly hurt him. If I don't see you in five minutes, then I know everything is going great. Understand?"

I nodded. Shawn walked away and I knocked on the door. 
"Come in!" dad yelled. 

I took a breath before I walked in. I opened the door and when I did, dad looked away from Shane and had a huge smile on. He came over and gave me a hug. 

"Modesty," he called, "You came. I thought you weren't going to." 
I let go.
"At first I wasn't," I explained, "But I changed my mind. I guess that I'm surprised that you wanted to talk to me, considering that you didn't even acknowledge me or Presley last night." 
"Wh-what? Modesty, I did see you and Presley. Trust me, I wanted to come over to you guys. But, I wanted to stay the way how it was. I was happy to see you, but I felt that I would've ruined it had I'd came over there."
"Oh, daddy."
I gave him another hug. 

Someone else knocked on the door. Shane went to open the door, it was Stephanie with Presley. 
"Mommy," Presley said, "Auntie Steph said I'm going to have a cousin."
I picked her up.
"Well of course you are."
Dad cleared his throat. Presley looked at dad. I smiled.
"Pres, this is your grandfather. The man you see on TV every day. Dad, this is your granddaughter, Presley." 
Dad took Presley from my arms. 
"Hey, Presley," dad greeted, "She looks so much like you Modesty but with Jordan's eyes." 
"You're her inspiration, dad." 
"Is that true?"
"Yes, Grandpa." 

I looked back at the clock and saw that it was almost time for Raw. 
"What did you want to talk about anyways Dad?" I asked. 
"Oh. Well, I know I had asked you this same question six years ago. But I'm gonna try one more time. I want you to wrestle in this company."
"Dad..."
"Modesty, you grew up in this industry. Your siblings have wrestled, I have wrestled, your mother had wrestled, I think you would enjoy it. This is something you've been wanting your whole life."
"Yeah, before I met Jordan and before I had Presley." 
"Mommy," Presley intervened, "You've always told me stories about how sad you were to leave. Somewhere where you grew up. A place where you wanted me to grow up. Mommy, you always tell me that dad wanted me to be who I want to be. Take daddy's advice and do it." 

I looked at my daughter. 
"Is this something you want me to do, Pres?" 
She nodded. 
"Yes, mommy." 
I looked at dad.
"I'll do it." 

Later on in the night...
Dad, Shane, Shawn had a promo together to explained the future of the company. But I think that dad is going to tell Shawn that they are going to have another rematch. Presley and I were in the front row again.

Shawn's music went off. When he came out he had a huge grin on his face. We all knew he was proud of what he did to my father last night. 

"Last night at WrestleMania, my match with Vince McMahon was everything I said it was going to be." Shawn started. "It was violent, it was brutal and it got downright ugly. It did. Now, I know that any given time with just one sweet chin music, I could have ended the match a lot sooner. Last night was not about a wrestling match. No. No, no, no, no. Last night was about making Vince McMahon endure his own personal hell. Now, having down just that, I feel as if this great weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I no longer have to deal with Vince McMahon and his oiled up, orange-tinted body strutting down to the ring." 

Shawn went on to say that he was ready to move on from my dad. Jokingly playing around about beating up John Cena for the WWE Championship. But, he was interrupted by my older brother. I'm surprised he didn't come out dancing like an idiot. I'm betting he was out here to confront Shawn about last night. Of course, Shawn had to pick on him for last night. 

Shane announced that dad was coming out. He came out wearing his neck brace and his stitches covered. 

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" dad questioned, "Do you have any idea, Shawn Michaels, what you've done? My devoted wife, Linda, was backstage at WrestleMania..."

I didn't know my mother was at WrestleMania last night. 

"My sweet, innocent daughter, Stephanie, likewise was backstage, she too witnessed what you did to me. And by the way, my daughter, Stephanie, is six months pregnant. Nothing can compare to the emotional scarring you put my son, Shane, through. And to top it all off, you made me show my true side to my baby girl, Modesty. For the first time in six years, I saw my baby girl. And last night, I saw my granddaughter, Presley for the first time. Trust me when I say this. What you did to me and what you did to Shane, Presley will never unsee that. Now, she and her mother, Modesty are both disappointed with me."

Dad continued about the emotional trauma we all endured last night. He said he felt like last night's match was a handicapped match. Now, he's challenged Shawn to a match at Backlash. Yeah. Shawn is right, he has gone completely insane.