Pissed Off

It felt like it was ages ago when I closed off my dad. But ever since I started to hang out with Shawn Michaels both on and off-screen, he's been more himself. Which scares me, last time he acted like this was when Stephanie and Paul began dating three years ago.

I never understood why he was not freaking out about me and Shawn. Growing up, he did his best to keep me away from him. But as a rebellious teen that I was, days where I was at the events, I spent most of my time with him. Unfortunately, when he got injured back in 1998, I was 15 and I met Jordan. When Shawn met him, I never thought that he was going to approve of him.

I was in my dad's office, on my phone texting Shawn when my father came up to me.
"Modesty," he surprisingly said.
"Hey," I replied.
"I'm surprised that you are not with Shawn,"
"He's getting ready."
"Oh," he mouthed.

My phone dinged again, it was Shawn again.
S- Ugh, Shane will not leave me alone.
M- Leave you alone about what?
S- About us. I'm about to punch him.
M- Do it. Dad and I won't care.

I looked up and saw Shane talking to Dad. After Dad walked out, Shane came over to me.

"When were you going to tell me about you and Shawn?" He questioned.
"When the time was right," I replied.
"Never pretty much, huh?"

I looked up.
"Dude. I'm not going to have this talk again. Okay. I'm 25 years old. I'm allowed to be with whoever I want to be with."
"You can be but not with him!"
"What do you have against him?!"
"Nothing, I just don't want you to get hurt."
"Shane, I'm not a little girl anymore. I can take care of myself. I'm happy with Shawn. You don't understand how bad my depression was until Shawn came back into my life. You were there that day when Presley was born, you saw how much Shawn took care of me when you left. You know what, if you can't see how much he's changed my life, then I don't want you to be apart of it. I'm done."
"Moe-
"No Shane, I'm done."

I walked out and slammed the door. I could not believe Shane couldn't see that I'm happy. Tears were running down my face. I thought my brother would act accept this.

Without paying attention, I ran into somebody. I looked up and it was John Cena.
"Modesty?" He said, "Modesty, what's wrong? What happened?"
"It was my brother," I replied, "He can't accept the fact that I'm with Shawn."
John sighed. He put his hands on my shoulders.
"Listen Modesty. Don't listen to Shane. Okay? You and Shawn are perfect for each other. If Shane can't see that, then he's an idiot. If Shane gives you a hard time about you and Shawn, you come to me. I'll take care of him."
"Thank you John."

John pulled me in.
"Anytime kid. Anytime."