Chapter 21:

*Starr's Pov.*

We were all on our way to Aurora and Kyle's house, I went with Kyle in his car, Aurora went with Adrianna in her car, and Brice went with Tanner in his car. I really like my new friends, I've seen the boys in middle school and they were so sweet and talked to me sometimes but only to say 'Hi' in the halls. Thats about it. Kyle was a bit odd though, he would always stutter and say silly but cute things like tell me the temperature outside or an interesting fact on an animal. I've always liked Kyle, he was always just so cute! but he never asked me out and he slowly  pulled away over this last summer and stopped talking to me other than to say 'Hi' in the halls. It honestly broke my heart.

"What are you thinking about?" Kyle interrupted me from my thoughts.

"What?" I asked him pretending I dont know what he was talking about.

"Dont play dumb." He snickered. "I know you're smart and know what i'm talking about." He thinks i'm smart? I swear i'm falling hard for this boy.

"Oh fine, I'm just curious as to how I got so lucky to have amazing friends like you guys! When I came here the only friend I had was Adrianna, now Aurora comes and I have you guys? How is that even possible?" Im dead serious right now.

"Because you're you, because you're fun, Because you're sweet, Because you're amazing, Because you're insane, because you're outstanding, Because you're uh, B-Beautiful." He was a little quiet on the last part but I heard him. He thinks i'm beautiful?

"You, you think i'm beautiful?" He just sat there and looked straight at the road. "Kyle, you cant just ignore me like that." He just kept ignoring. "So you wanna play that game I see, fine." I folded my arms and looked out the car window.

"I-Im sorry Starr i-its just, i-i-i." he stopped talking. I heard him sigh and I faced him.

"You what?" He just glanced at me and back to the road. "Kyle, what's the matter with you? Why are you acting like this?" He sighed and pulled over. We were behind everyone else so they kept going.

"I-i cant." he ran his hands through his hair frustrated.

"You cant what!?" I started raising my voice. He just looked at the steering wheel and went deep in thought. I decided to keep looking out the car window. I was looking out the window and then I saw Jace. Shit! I unbuckled my seatbelt and ducked down. "Kyle we have to go!" I whisper/yelled. He just looked at me confused.

"Whats wrong?" He asked me.

"Jace, I cant be near him, Ill explain later just go!" I rushed him.

"Okay, Okay, Buckle up first though." I hurried in my seat and buckled my belt and looked in the corner of my eye. Jace was staring at me. Shit. Kyle pulled out of the curb and back onto the road. I sighed in relief.

"Whats up with you and Jace?" Kyle asked me.

I sighed and looked at him and then back down and fiddled with my hands. "Jace and I used to date. We dated for about 6 and a half months until I found out he was cheating on me. That and it was a bet, He had been dared to get me in bed and he had a year to do it. In those 6 months he cheated on me with 7 girls. 7 GIRLS! I didn't even know or suspect anything until rumors had spread around the school. He was my first love, but he was faking he loved me the whole entire time." A tear fell down my cheek and Kyle pulled over again. It stayed silent for a bit until he broke it.

"Did he win the bet?" He quizzed me. I nodded.

"That night he took my virginity and broke up with me. A week later I found out about the other 7 girls." More tears came to my eyes.

"I-i-i'm so so sorry S-starr." I shook my head.

"Yeah, lets just get going." He sighed and pulled back onto the road and we headed to his house in complete silent.