Chapter 17: Rescue

It had been several weeks and Killua was hanging by his wrists once again to be tortured except for the nth time this month.

Getting beatings from his father left him drained of each emotion he had after each whip. Killua slowly looked up at the sound of a door opening.

Speak of the devil, he thought. His father glared daggers into him as he walked over. Once in front of the teen he stopped, Killua rolled his eyes and tried to avoid his father's gaze but the attempt was useless. He was chained up after all.

"I'm disappointed in you Kil, you were our best member, yet here you are. A traitor." Silva huffed out, Killua sighed not really in the mood for this conversation.

"If your going to beat me just get it over with, I don't want to hang through another one of your lectures."

Silva made a 'tsk' sound and scolded his son farther, "Why can't you be like Illumi? He's never fallen in love with a soldier, and a boy soldier no less." Killua flashed his father a quick smile, causing the man to grimace.

"Jealous?" he said, sarcasm dripping from his tone. Silva frowned and slapped the teen across his face, leaving a hand print behind.

"You should be ashamed, Killua, you don't even deserve the Zoldyck name."

"You're right, I like Freecss more,"

Silva growled at his sons response and clinched his teeth, the man balled his fists. He tried his best to restrain the huge want to punch the boy in his face.

"Don't act clever with me Killua, it will get you nowhere but in a casket." Silva spat, the teen simply rolled his eyes once again and chose not to respond.

"I want you to honestly think about the damage you've caused to this family, once you do, I'll send Illumi to release some of his anger out on you." and with that, his father exited the room, leaving Killua to his thoughts.

His mind seemed to wander to Gon, his bright smile, his clueless attitude, his loud laugh. Killua thought about it all. And it hurt.

The memory of his face then flooded his mind, the way Gon looked at him when his family attacked their base. The way Illumi beat him. Killua found himself bitting back tears as he thought more about Gon.

He hates having left him like that, and to be honest, he missed him. Like hell. But because he was stuck here, there was no way he'd ever see the young soldier again. Not if his father had anything to say about it.

Killua let our a heavy sigh and let his head drape, everything stung, his body stung, his head stung, and most of all. His heart stung.

"I'm sorry Gon, I'm sorry I caused you so much pain...I'm so sorry..." Killua said, his will giving out as tears ran down his cheeks.

"When did you cause pain?" A sudden voice came from the direction of the door. Killua shot his head up and looked at the person in front of him in disbelief.

"N-no way..." he stuttered out, "G-Gon?"