Chapter 11

I sip my wine slowly and sigh in defeat. This party is terrible. Mark has been flirting with these stuck up prissy bitches all night. The people here are no fun. It's filled to the brim to classy bullshit music and classy bullshit people. Mark organized the most boring celebration in all of history. Mark's hand grabs mine.

"Are you ready to tell everyone?" He says pleasantly.

"Let's just get it over with and leave. Mark I'm bored! This place is too..." I struggle to find a word as I set down my glass. "Uptight! Where is the fun?" I whisper disappointed. He eyes me, a little taken off-guard.

"I... Have standards to uphold. You know. Aren't you having fun? Look we even got different handkerchiefs!" He says pointing to his blue one in his all black outfit suit pocket "We are so rebellious." He whispers, smiling.

"I didn't take you for a bore, Fischbach. Let me show you some fun. Please? Then we can tell everyone." I beg. He rolls his eyes irritated.

"Ryland. You are gonna ruin everything." He mumbles.

I feel my face heat up in anger. I'm ruining everything? "You are just ashamed to be a faggot!"

All eyes fall on us as Mark's face heats up in embarrassment. I look around and stand up quickly out of my seat. "If you want me you have to prove it." I mumble, shoving past him. He watches me as I stomp up to the music station. I whisper to the man behind it and see his bored expression light up in excitement. I grin and pull away, pushing everyone slow dancing on the wide marble floor. "This place needs a little fun Mark!" I yell, everyone forms a confused circle around me, giving me plenty of room.

Mark stomps over angrily. "You are embarrassing me!" He says, ashamed.

"Mark?" A soft voice calls out. He quickly turns to a well dressed and angry looking Korean woman.

"Mom, I..." He looks at me as I hold out my hand.

"Well chosen, Mark." I say, upset. "It's one dance!" The music starts up as Mark takes one final look at his angry mother.

"You know what?" He grabs my waist, yanking me into a tight embrace. I gasp as he grins, he dips me back slowly. "Fuck it. One dance won't kill me." I glide my foot back as he pushes me down gently. "Follow my lead." He whispers.

"Not this time, Fischbach. This dance floor is mine." I mumble. Mark quickly spins me, yanking me back so my back is pressed against his broad chest. He grinds against me, pushing me back. His hand grabs mine, pressing it to his chest.

"My heart beats for you, Ryland, I...." He looks around and tears up. "I'm risking everything. I'm scared."

I grab his hands and spin us around, dipping in and under his arms to pull him into a tight hug as we glide across the floor. "Me too." I whisper, tears forming in my eyes.

He lifts me up, my legs wrapping around his waist as he spins me around giggling. "It's fun." He whispers, smiling. I ease my feet to the floor as the music stops, Marks' hand glides down my cheek as he gently pulls me into a passionate kiss. Gasps come from every corner of the room as my fingers tangle in his hair, holding onto him and this moment for dear life.

"Ryland. I need you!" He yells, giggling. "GOD I FUCKING NEED YOU!"

"Oh my God." Echoes through the crowd around us almost in disgust.

Mark pulls back as the click of heels approaches from behind me. He walks around me, falling to his knees in front of his mother in shame "Mother. I need him in my life. Ryland. Please. Forgive me for my sin. I... I can't live without him. Truly. I cannot live without him."

She stares at him a moment before stroking his raven hair. "My darling. I would love you no matter who you may give your love to." She whispers.

A man in the crowd begins to clap, the clapping spreads slowly through the entire room, harsh and loud whistles in every direction. Mark lunges at his mother, death grip hugging her legs.

"I am going to marry him mother. I promise." He calls out softly, slowing through the tears running down his face. I stare at him as his mom smiles.

"I know."