Chapter 14

The door of the car flies open. Donivan holds his hand out to me. "Come on." I slowly step out and shiver, gripping the blanket over my shoulders. I look at the house in front of me. Mark's. I can't. I know I have to. I tear up as Donivan wipes my tears. "Taking you from your home was a mistake. You have to talk to Mark." He walks up to the door, knocking gently on it. Mr. Adam's opens the door and smiles. "RYLAND!"

He hugs me tightly and I smile. "Richard, it's... It's a pleasure. May we come in?"

He pulls back and clears his throat. "I'm sorry. But Mr. Fischbach has banned Mr. Taylor from the manor. He said if you wished to speak with him at anytime. You must be unaccompanied. "

Donivan nods, handing me a phone. "If anything goes wrong. Call me. My number is on there. And it's fully charged. Just. Keep me updated, okay? Let me know how everything goes and I will see you soon." He hugs me tightly, hurrying off to his car. Richard looks at me, worried.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He whispers.

I nod, walking inside. "Where is he?"

He looks down. "Probably in his study. He has been cooped up in there for days. Weeks..."

I walk toward his study "We need alone time. Why don't you take the night off, Richard? I will take the blame for it later if Mark asks."

He smiles. "Of course. Good luck."

I stand at the door of his study, slowly and as quietly as possible, pushing it open.

"Oh, where did it all go wrong?" He whispers. His eyes are closed, gripping a gun at his desk "You fuck everything up... Everything. You just... Had to fight for him. Say you loved him. Just to his face. He wouldn't have left. Now what. I don't want to live surrounded by everything that reminds me of him anymore!" Tears roll steadily down his cheeks as he points the gun at the side of his head sloppily.

"M-Mark?" I whisper out. His eyes dart up to the door, tears running down his cheeks more heavily, in the glow of the fire place in front of him, I can still see the lack of sleep, the tears. The paleness. No food. No sleep. No sense. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I rush over, yanking the gun from his grip. I open the chamber. 1 bullet. No safety. I start to shake in fear. If I hadn't come. I cover my face in disgust. "Oh God..."

"Ryland, you came..." He stands up, approaching me.

I step back. "YOU SELFISH PIECE OF SHIT!" I pop the bullet out and set the gun to safety, throwing it on the desk "YOU WERE GONNA KILL YOURSELF?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU! YOU WERE GONNA LEAVE EVERYONE WHO CARES ABOUT YOU HERE?!"

He reaches out to hug me. "Please... Ryland you have to understand, I..."

"THERE IS NO EXCUSE! NONE! IF I HADN'T SHOWN UP, YOU WOULD BE DEAD. WHAT WOULD I HAVE DONE WITHOUT YOU, HUH?!" I turn away from him, my whole body is shaking in fear. I can't even see through my tears. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!? TO YOUR STAFF AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS?!"

"BECAUSE I NEED YOU!" He yells, turning me to him and holding me tightly in a hug, I sink to the floor with him. He cries loudly, lowering his head. "GODDAMNIT I NEED YOU! I don't want any other man to touch you! I wanna marry you! I want kids with you but I am afraid of losing you so I pushed you away because I thought if I made you leave before you had the chance to walk out then it wouldn't hurt so bad." He says softly. I pull back and glare at him.

"I loved you... And you pushed me away and I... I still love you." I whisper. Mark grips onto me, crying as I hold him protectively. In all my months spent with him. He has never been like this.

"Please stay. I will do everything I can to prove myself to you. I will plan us a big wedding with a dance floor for five hundred. I... I will.... I will give you all I am." Mark whispers.

I sigh, kissing the top of his head "Don't worry about any of that tonight. Let's just get to bed. Okay? We can talk in the morning. But you need sleep." I say, my eyes moving to the gun on the edge of the desk. "God knows when you last slept..."