Chapter 16

I stand behind Mark as he stands in front of the door. He is shifting nervously, his face and neck are so pale in fear. He turns to look at me, just for a moment, adjusting his tie. A knock on the door causes his entire demeanor to change. To an upright, tough cold stance. Richard opens the door and I stare at her.

God, she really is beautiful. I have never found a woman attractive before... I feel my face heat up red as she quickly walks in, hugging Mark tightly. Mark doesn't hug back...

"Oh Mark, I'm so glad to see you again." She says happily.

"What the fuck did you just call me?" He growls at her.

She shrinks slightly in fear "I... I thought you I..."

"YOU KNOW HOW TO ADDRESS ME IN MY MANOR. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. FUCKING KNEEL!" He yells bitterly. She falls to her knees her head down. I stare at her shaking, is this what he is going to do to me? Did he do this to Richard? Train him to act a different way? Is this what he warned me about?

She looks up at Mark, starry eyed. "I... I missed you, master. Does this mean you require my services again?"

He growls lowly in distaste and strokes her hair. "Silence. Now. Grovel."

She bends down, burying her face in the floor. Is she. Bowing to him? What kind of sick twisted fuck does this?

"That's enough." I whisper. She doesn't move and I begin to tear up. "GET UP AND GET OUT!"

She doesn't move and Mark sighs lowly, kneeling down to her. "Up, pet." She quickly sits up and stares at him.

"Do you.... Do you need me again, master? Can I finally be yours?" Her voice cracks and tears begin to fall down her bright pink cheeks.

"I don't love you. But I will always remain your dominant. In this house. You know how to address me. That will never change. As long as you are on my property, I am your superior. You do not matter." He says sternly. "Now get up. And get the fuck out of my house."

She hurries to her feet and walk out, Richard trailing behind her in fear. The door shuts and Mark turns towards me. I quickly turn my back to him, hiding my face. Is this what he wants? He never showed me this side of him but it comes so naturally to him. What if I fuck it all up?

"Ryland. I'm sorry you had to see that but.... That's. How...."

"How you want me to be? If that is what you did to the others I would hate to see what you fucking do to me! What the hell was that? It's like she was... Afraid of you. What did you do to her?"

"NOTHING SHE DIDN'T CONSENT TO!" He yells, grabbing my hand and turning me to face him. His expression softens when he sees my teary face. "She had every opportunity to leave. But she never walked out. Not once. For two years she stayed. Until I made her leave."

"She was in love, too. She thought she could change you. Is that why you keep telling me this stuff? That you wanna marry me? That you need me? Cause I'm the only one ballsy enough to walk out when you fuck me over? God, I was so stupid to believe a man like you could need me. I knew from the moment I saw you that you could never want someone like me!"

Mark stares at me for a moment before slowly falling to his knees and tucking his head down "I. Grovel. At your feet. Ryland. You are the most amazing, kind hearted, handsome man I have ever met in my life. And I want a life with you. Only you. I want kids. I want marriage. But I can't imagine myself with anyone else. I will never make you stay. And if you want. You have every right to leave. But I need you. And if you stay. And deal with the ignorant and scared man I am. I will spend every moment of every day for the rest of my eternity here, groveling at your feet. Because goddamnit, I don't know how the fuck I got someone so perfect to love me." He whispers. "I have never been like this. And being like this scares me. I am willing to lose everything I built for you. I would rather be homeless than lose you. I would rather lose every penny. And it scares me. But I have changed! For you. Please."

I sigh, closing my eyes for a moment to take in all that just happened. "Okay. I will stay and see how things work out. I love you, Mark. I am willing to give us one more chance."

He wipes his tears and smiles. "I promise I will be better for you."