~♥~ Chapter 20 : Let Me ~♥~

"Baby, let me be your man
So I can love you,
And if you let me be your man
Then I'll take care of you,
For the rest of my life, for the rest of yours
For the rest of ours."
                                         -Zayn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amelia's POV:

"This dress looks so beautiful on you Amelia, We are so glad to meet you.", Talia's parents say to me. I smile and thank them. They seemed really sweet, unlike Talia.

I wanted to ask her mother if she had any complications while she gave birth to the literal devil. But I held myself back.

"I'm just so happy she's getting wed to to my son. She's perfect.", the Queen beams at me. I don't know if she's acting, but I was happy to hear that.

I look across the room to see Phil laughing about something with Eric. I smile. He was looking so dashing, his body in a fitting suit, his curls perfectly set. He catches me staring and winks at me.

"What do you think, Amelia?", our eye contact is interrupted by the Queen. My face goes red. I was so absorbed in Phil, that I didn't even hear what they were saying.

Luckily for me, Phil swooped in at the right time. "Can I borrow my beautiful wife to be, Mother? Her guests have arrived." She smiles and nods.

He takes his hand in mine and walks towards the door. I see Madison and Liam at the door.

"Hey there", Liam says, and gives me a hug. I hug him back. "Bitch you're looking so pretty!", Madison exclaimes and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

I laugh and twirl for her. Then I take her aside. "It's Talia's dress", I whisper. She gives me a puzzled look.

I grab her hand and take her to one of the tables and tell her the whole story. She got so angry at Talia, but when she heard what Renée did, she started laughing.

Phil and Liam join us. Then Renée and Eric do too. Soon, all of us are laughing and chatting. I was never the one with friends. But as I saw around, now I had a lot. In such a short time, I was loved by many, when four months ago it was close to none. I touch my belly. Life couldn't get better than this.

The party goes on. I am introduced to various people, and most of them are nice. Some of them give my belly a stare that is too long, but I brush it over.

The music and smell of food surrounded me. Everyone is laughing and dancing. Talia even takes Phil for a dance or two. I pretended not to notice.

At around 10, I felt hungry. So I went to the food counter where I bumped into Talia.

She gives me an icy glare. "Why are you doing this?", she sneers. Hold up. What did I do? She was the one acting like a class A bitch.

"Excuse me? What did I do?", I ask. "You're ruining my life sweetie. Stop it.", comes the reply.

I look at her in confusion. She continues, "Phil is mine. He's always been mine. Stay away from him."

I burst out laughing. "What are we, five? Phil is not an object. He's neither mine, nor yours!". She curls her fists. "I am not joking. I love Phil and I'm pretty sure he loves me. So back off with your stupid ass baby, cause you're in the way."

Now I'm so angry, I want to bang her head on the table. "Listen, Talia", I say through my gritted teeth, "If you speak of my child again, I will cut your throat, I swear."

She folds her hands. "Look around you, Amelia. This luxury, this royalty. This doesn't suit you. You don't deserve any of this. You're just too simple for this. You can't marry Phil. There will so many responsibilities, so many changes. You can't even dance, let alone rule a kingdom!"