Chapter 3- The incident

I woke up feeling a little groggy , i looked at my phone and checked my social ect . I never put my accounts under my real name , i still wasn't ready for people to know that Shawn was my brother . Ive said before , its really hard keeping it a secret because we are so close .

I got up and got a shower , curled my hair, put on some high waisted shorts , a burgundy crop top , and just finished it off with a black beanie and burgundy vans . It actually looked really cute , to be honest i was impressed with my self.

// three hours later //

It was sports afternoon , most people hate it but to be honest i enjoy it , all the grades have to take part and i get to spend it with my friends . I wasn't doing any events but i was in the soccer match with emma , zoe , meg and kira.

We all walked up to the pitch , it was next to the basket ball court , i could see Shawn playing but had to just ignore him.

The whistle blew and i ran after the ball . I was quiet good as i used to play it while in middle school. As i went into tackle i felt and excruciating pain radiate up my leg , i fell to the floor and let out a scream .

//Shawn's POV//

I was just playing basket ball with some buddies as i heard a piercing scream fill the air . I knew it was laura , i could tell .Dropping the ball i sprinted , i don't think i have ever run so fast in my life . She has to be okay .

I got to the soccer court and saw her lying on the floor crying as a group of people crowded round her . There was a first aider trying to keep everyone back , and shouting an ambulance had been called .

I pushed through the crowd . " everyone stay back , including you sir " the lady shouted at me

" NO ! , im her brother ! "

Oh crap , did i just say that , i had to , she needed me . It took me a few seconds to come to my senses but as i looked at the peoples faces , they were all in shock , most just whispered but some even got their phones out and started taking pictures , this infuriated me .

I walked over to laura . I held her hand . I could tell she was angry but needed me right now .

After about 5 minutes the ambulance arrived , i got into it along with laura and a supervisor as we were both under 18 , our parents were going to meet us at the hospital .

I cant believe what just happened

// LAURAS POV //

//2 days later //

I didn't sleep a wink last night , the giant cast on my leg made it impossible . I couldn't do anything myself I cant even walk. To be completely honest it's really depressing. I managed to drag me and my turquoise cast out of bed. I don't know why I picked turquoise I just like the colour I guess, well I'm going to have to be looking at it for the next 4 weeks.

I grab my crutches and hobble over to the bathroom and clean my body with a flannel and wash my hair over the sink . I hated this already . I had to put on shorts , it was the only thing i could wear and just a cute flowery crop top . I left my hair to just dry and applied my makeup .

I have been avoiding school ever since " The incident " . Everybody knows now I guess is going to happen sometime. Even though I'm on crutches I decided to go back to school anyway I want to do the music assignment.

Had to bum Scooch downstairs I made my way over to the island in the kitchen . Got myself some toast and started eating as Shawn walks down the stairs.

" morning " he said in his croaky morning voice.

"Feeling any better ?" He asked "I guess, I'm trying to go school today because still wanna do my assignment"

I was just grabbing my crutches to hop along into the car when shawn crouches down and askes " may i have the honour of piggybacking you to the car ?" " yes you may fine sir " i replied in a british accent .

I hoped on Shawn's back and he set me down in the front seat of our car .

Todays going to be an eventful one .